Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingfox

My Sewing Room Closet is getting worked on :-)

quiltingfox
9 years ago

I am so excited that my sewing room closet is getting worked on this week! The shelf supports have been installed, the closet has been painted, and shelves are outside being painted. So hoping I have a fully functional sewing closet soon. :-)

Best to you and yours,
Sandra

Comments (38)

• grammyp
    9 years ago

You will be in hog heaven then.

beverly

• bev2009
    9 years ago

Very exciting. Nothing like getting organized to make you want to sew. Have fun with your new room!

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you both bunches. It's been cold and damp in Louisiana last few weeks, so I think once shelves are installed and all paint is dry I will put shelf liner on the shelves where I will put my fabric that I don't keep in plastic tubs/boxes. My b-day is this weekend and getting my sewing closet finished is my b-day gift from my husband. So I am hoping everything will be finished and dry by beginning of next week so I can start putting my hobby stuff and books away and get organized.... I am very excited about this project!!! :-)

Best to you both,
    Sandra

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday Sandra!
    An excellent present!
    Theresa

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you bunches Theresa!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday Sandra! And....what a wonderful gift that keeps on giving for many years to come! One year, I asked for closet doors to replace the doors the builder put on that kept falling off. It was one of the best gifts I ever received! Congrats on starting the New Year in your new home!

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

It's always fun to see before & after photos of a sewing space... hint hint!

Enjoy organizing your new space!!

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Have a wonderful birthday, Sandra. A new closet is a fantastic gift.

• lindaoh_gw
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday Sandra! Congratulations on your new sewing closet. We would love to see pics!
    Linda OH

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all bunches! I'll go get my camera and take some pics to upload later. My birthday is Sunday.... hoping it will be ready to use by that evening.... I'm so excited!

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Enjoy your birthday weekend!
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Hope you're having a great birthday week-end, Sandra. You're getting a great gift!!!

SharonG/FL

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all bunches for the b-day wishes! If all goes as planned hopefully my sewing closet will be fully renovated by the beginning of next week. I'm eager to get my stuff organized and out of boxes.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They finished my new sewing closet today. Now I just need to let the paint dry 24 hours ... so Friday night I plan to install shelf liner which hubby bought for me today ... and then this weekend will unpack and organized my quilting and hobby stuff and books - yay!!! Will try to post pics later this weekend.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Sandra, I can't wait to see pictures!

I've put a bug in DH's ear that we need to restructure our pantry. Now if I can just get him to start on it...

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Yay Sandra!!
    Caution......Make sure the paint has 'cured' before you put the shelf liner down.
    Lucky girl, but somehow I think you've earned it. :~)
    (Sweet hubby.)

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

What a great bday gift!! My sewing room closet could use a serious cleaning out.

Looking forward to seeing pics of yours!

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I did not think to take pics of my sewing closet before the ceiling was redone with sheetrock and painted, fitted with trim and the walls painted, here is the pics I have so far though. Right side of sewing closet before:

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sewing closet left side before:

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sewing closet right side after shelving installed:

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sewing closet left side after shelving installed:

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Donna I had my hubby renovate the inside of our pantry here and add me 2 additional tall pantry storage cabinets ... and I've needed every bit of that storage space. Thanks Marsha and Rosa.

I'll try to post more pics once I have my shelf liner installed and have organized my sewing stuff inside the closet. Waiting on paint to dry right now. Off to unpack and put away board games and get all the boxes of toys out of my son's room so this weekend we can sort and purge out some toys he's outgrown and organize the remaining toys in toy tubs.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The right side of my sewing closet with supplies organized and a dedicated space for my blue and white sewing box, along with storage space under the bottom shelf for my sewing machine in its white plastic carrier case.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Top left side of my sewing closet. Only had a little room for books, but I have a 2nd smaller closet in my sewing room that we will renovate later and I'll store my books in it.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is the bottom left side of my sewing closet with dedicated space under the bottom shelf to store my large plastic grey tub that I store a quilt in as I am quilting it and my 14" quilting hoop.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The back wall inside my sewing closet I am using to hang all my quilting rulers and stencils.... since there are 2 large windows in my sewing room near my sewing/computer desk, I am glad I can store my rulers away from sunlight inside my sewing closet.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am happy that I have additional space on the upper sewing closet wall, where I can hang additional items, ... contemplating hanging my rotary cutter and scissors there.

• nannykins
    9 years ago

This looks great! You will be so happy to have everything right at hand and also neatly stored. Makes me think i had better do some organizing!
    Congratulations!
    Theresa

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks bunches Theresa. I am glad things are now within easy reach.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Wonderful, Sandra! It's so nicely organized. What a great way to keep your rulers out of the sun.

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

You're a lucky girl, Sandra! It looks fantastic and I'm happy for you.

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Wow! Great organization and kudos to your hubby!
    I want to see you pull out your machine and use it, now that you have room :).
    Love-love how you are storing your rulers.
    Great job. I bet you want to just sit and admire that beautiful closet!

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Great closet and great organization, Sandra. I'm so happy for you. I'm trying to figure out some storage and organization for my quilting supplies here in Hawaii. I need a little chest, and I found the perfect one on Craig's List, but the seller won't return my emails and texts. Arggh.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you bunches most sincerely Donna, Sharon, and Marsha. And yes I have been sitting here part of the day just admiring my closet and all that's in it, lots of potential for great quilts in there. Tomorrow I will try to clean off my sewing desk. When I was cleaning out things from my clothes closet at the old house while packing, I found my metal T-square.... hoping to put it to use in drawing quilt blocks in the future.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lois I must have been typing while you were posting yesterday. Thank you. I hope you get your chest. Do you have a permanent residence now in Hawaii or do you rent a place each time you travel there? ... do you have to take everything with you each time you go or do you have a home there were you can leave things like your sewing machine?

Best to you,
    Sandra

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Sandra, we own a one bedroom condo here on Maui, so we have an owner's closet that locks in which we can store the items we use when we're here. The unit is rented out to others when we're not here to help make the mortgage payments and pay the association dues, taxes, etc. The locked closet is very full - my sewing machine, my husband's guitar, tools, housewares that we don't want used by the renters (like pillows, sheets, certain dishes, placemats, etc.). We can't keep a lot here, but it's amazing how much we can get into that closet. Having some of your own things makes it feel more like a home.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That is good that you have a dedicated space to store stuff in at your home in Maui. We have a motor that we use when we travel, but I don't get to take my sewing machine with me when we go on trips and am limited to only taking hand sewing projects.... we have a kitchen table / booth on the motorhome, but our upper elementary age son travels with us on all trips and sometimes one of his friends and my S-I-L Viv goes with us so usually the table is made into a bed for lounging most of the trip and at other times the table when not used for eating is usually occupied with laptops and ipads and electronic games that are plugged into nearby outlets, so usually on trips my space is sitting on my queensize bed, but I like that I can take my things with me and I know the bathroom, bedding and kitchen are clean and I can take more of my things with me than if we were to go stay at a hotel, I like traveling with the comforts of home a bathroom handy throughout the trip. I hope you have relaxing fun in Maui.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Quilting fox,

It looks wonderful. I think you could teach me a few things about how to use all my rulers ;-)

Many I bought for classes and forget how they work.

LindaB/CA

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH