Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Civil War FQ exchange

grammyp
11 years ago

Sorry to be running late, got called to work extra days so haven't been around much.

We have 8 signed up for the swap.
1)GrammyP
2)Lola99
3)Nannykins
4)ToolGranny
5)TupperMom
6)Jackier123
7)Chickie1
8)SunnyCentralFl

You need to purchase (or find)2 yards, of nice Civil War fabric and cut into 8 FQs.

Send them ALL to me with a STAMPED (NOT metered) self addressed envelope. Please have them to me by Feb 15th. Be sure to put your GW name on the envelope to make it easier for me. I will seperate and return to you once they are all here.

If you don't have my address, please send me an E-mail and I will be glad to send it to you.

beverly

Comments (37)

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Sounds good. Does the fabric have to be the same for all 8 fat quarters?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ideally it would, but it isn't necessary.

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I won't have 8 the same either. Would it help if we put a sticker on each FQ with our forum name on it if we are sending more than 1 print?

Mary

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good idea Mary, that way everyone will know who sent each one.

beverly

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Too late for me to use stickies. My package is at the mail box.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No problem, I'll put your name on them.

beverly

• jackier123
    11 years ago

Mine went into the mail today!

Jackie

• nannykins
    11 years ago

And mine is "winging" its way to you too.
    Theresa

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Found my fabric today. Plan to cut FQs tomorrow. Darlene

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jacki and Linda, your packages arrived yesterday. The fabrics are beautiful!

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I am heading to Niagara Falls NY tomorrow for a Joann Fabric run so will mail my FQs while there.

Maryv

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mary, have fun.

beverly

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

My package is all ready for mailing in the morning...addressed...correct postage...SASenvelope and CW Fabric!

Thx, Bev!
    Gwen

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Hope my pkg arrived ....mailed to you on Thurs.

Gwen

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Hope my pkg arrived ....mailed to you on Thurs.

Gwen

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I didn't make it to Niagara on the weekend.....lake effect snow in the area all weekend, :(
    I don't think I will make it down there in time to get it to you so will mail it from here. Can I put some cash folded amongst the FQ for postage? I just don't know how much it will be.

Mary

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dodnd't worry Mary, I'll wait for yours. Mine haven't gotten here yet either.
    1)GrammyP
    2)Lola99
    3)Nannykins - Received
    4)ToolGranny - Received
    5)TupperMom
    6)Jackier123 - Received
    7)Chickie1
    8)SunnyCentralFl - Received

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Beverly

I meant to write a note to enclose but remembered after I had taped up the envelope...duhhh!

Look in the FQ with the * on the label for the money for return postage. Let me know if you need more.

Thanks
    Maryv

• lola99
    11 years ago

I ordered my fabric from Hancock's of Paducah. I just checked the status of my order and it says "in warehouse." I just called them to find out what the hold up was and I was told that they are several days behind on cutting. However I was assured that "everything indicates it will be sent out today via FedEx." As soon as it arrives I'll cut it into FQs and send it on to you.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I was away the whole day yesterday so didn't make it to the post office but mailed the FQs today. Hopefully you will get them by next Friday.

Mary

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Have my FQ ready to package and mail. Do I put them in plastic like in Birthday Block Exchange?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If your envelope is waterproof it isn't necessary. Otherwise I would wrap at least in a plastic shopping bag.

beverly

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Package went out in the afternoon mail! It should get to you before Friday. Darlene

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I will keep an eye out for it.

Mine arrived today so I can get it washed and cut.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We have some great fabrics ladies! They will all play nicely together.

1)GrammyP - Received
    2)Lola99
    3)Nannykins - Received
    4)ToolGranny - Received
    5)TupperMom
    6)Jackier123 - Received
    7)Chickie1 - Received

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Beverly

I enclosed $10 for return postage but I am starting to think that it will not be enough. I understand that the postage to send parcels out of the US went up substantially with the rate hikes. If you find that it is quite a bit more than that, if you don't mind I will give you my sister's address in NY state.
    The postal services on both sides of the border are really making it out of my budget to participate in these swaps.

Please let me know how much the USPS wants for postage to send directly to me.

Thanks
    Mary

• nannykins
    11 years ago

I put $10 in as well. If not enough, please let me know and I will send more.
    Theresa

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks ladies, I will let you know.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great fabrics, everyone will be very happy.

1)GrammyP - Received
    2)Lola99
    3)Nannykins - Received
    4)ToolGranny - Received
    5)TupperMom - Recieved
    6)Jackier123 - Received
    7)Chickie1 - Received

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I am so glad you got my package already. When I mailed it she said if I sent it regular parcel/surface, it could take 4-6 weeks! I questioned that and she said that is the guidelines that Canada Post gives them but this was a postal counter in a drugstore and the clerks are employees of the drugstore not Canada Post. 4 to 6 weeks is what they tell me when I send parcels to my son in New Zealand.

Can't wait to see what I get!

Mary

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sounds like 4-6 weeks is the standard answer to everything. When we lived in Germany it did take 4-6 weeks to get anywhere. I hope things have improved in the past 35 years.

You are going to love the fabrics, they are all great.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Hey there Civil War Ladies! I wanted to show you a spectacular quilt made with CW Repro fabrics. This is a blog I follow. She is a very talented longarm quilter in a very snowy and cold climate. Her photos are breathtaking - taken on the ice.

This quilt is bright and cheery & inspirational. I just wanted to share with you what you can do with CW prints. The entry is February 18, 2013. Hope you enjoy it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tamarack Shack - CW Repro Quilt

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

that's a gorgeous quilt and the writer's quilting is amazing. My fabrics are also Marcus Brothers and this is certainly a target to aim for.

Thanks Marsha.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Just lurkin', and wow! That Tamarack Shack website is marvelous. So glad I looked!
    LindaB/CA

• cindykg23
    11 years ago

LOVE! love! the Civil War quilt, Marsha - thanks for sharing. She does great quilting - awesome when the quilter takes the time to do different patterns on a top like this instead of one all over pattern.

~Cindy

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

I thought I'd peek into the CW exchange and wow...that blog link Marsha posted is incredible and beautiful work... thanks for sharing Marsha!
    V.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

1)GrammyP - Received
    2)Lola99 -Received
    3)Nannykins - Received
    4)ToolGranny - Received
    5)TupperMom - Recieved
    6)Jackier123 - Received
    7)Chickie1 - Received

All the packages are here, and they are beautiful. We are having a birthday party for my youngest daughter tomorrow so I will sort and package them Monday.

Beverly