Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bev2009

Quilts for children's home

bev2009
11 years ago

I thought you might like to see some of the beautiful children who received the quilts my team made this fall for a children's home in Burkino Faso, Africa.

Comments (17)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Great pictures and quilts, Bev. I'm sure they'll treasure and protect them.

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Very photogenic children! Happy, smiling faces......this makes all your long hours and miles of thread used all worth it. You are so generous.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures. I always wonder about the quilts we give.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing, Bev! I'm so happy you got to see the recipients. What a wonderful project!

Donna

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I have heard so many stories of the quilts never making it to the destination we made them for.... it's so nice to see a picture as proof that some do!!!

The children are adorable and they look so happy with their beautiful quilts.
    Rosa

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

What a happy way to begin the new year. Thank you for sharing!
    LindaB/CA

• loisflan
    11 years ago

The photos touched my heart. Thank you, Bev.

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

That's awesome Bev! Those children look really happy to have those quilts! You're making a really positive impact in their lives.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• bev2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, everyone. The pictures really inspired me to make more this year. Rosa, we know the quilts get there because we are heavily involved with this ministry. My friend is the U.S. director and is actually down there right now. I would love to go sometime. It would be quite the adventure!

• chickie1
    11 years ago

What a great feeling to see the children wrapped up in quilts. It put a smile on my face. Continue the hard work. It looks like it is paying off.
    Darlene

• lola99
    11 years ago

Great pictures - they do look very happy with their new quilts. Thanks for sharing and for the effort that you put forth for these kids.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Bev,
    Our little teeny tiny town has many missionaries, some families, and they all talk about what an uplifting, but eye opening experience it is to volunteer in these areas.

We take so much for granted!
    (((huggs)))

• polardream
    11 years ago

Bev,
    Thank you for this posting. What a great project.
    Sue

• bev2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I guess I spoke too soon. I wondered why they didn't take a photo of all the quilts (I couldn't even remember how many we made). I just got an email that they are still waiting on a box that was mailed with five of the quilts. Appreciate it if you want to say a quick prayer the other box arrives. It was mailed sometime before Christmas.

• lilypad22
    11 years ago

Oh, I do pray the quilts find their way! And that is wonderful for you and your group to be able to see pictures of your quilts being enjoyed! What a wonderful way to share your gift.

I've been helping make quilts for a church group in my community that has a mission group that goes to Romania every Dec. I'm hoping to see some pictures soon of our quilts that were handed out there last month. It will be the first time I'll see someone that received quilts I've made.

Take good care.

tish

• jaceysgranny
    11 years ago

The children look so happy and proud of them. It is so wonderful to actually see them with them. This is what keeps people volunteering and doing for others. I pray as well that the others make it.
    Nancy

• jaceysgranny
    11 years ago

The children look so happy and proud of them. It is so wonderful to actually see them with them. This is what keeps people volunteering and doing for others. I pray as well that the others make it.
    Nancy

• bev2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just received an email that the rest of the quilts arrived! Thank you for your prayers.