Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Crazy weather we may get snow

rosajoe_gw
10 years ago

This has been the coldest winter I can remember in the 7 years we have moved back to SE coastal Georgia. Right on the border of Ft, Stewart. I may get the chance to see snow for the second time in my life!

Most of my potted plants have died. The ones I brought inside (I had to decide did I want space to quilt and play with fabric or space for the plants, quilts won lol!) aren't doing well 'cause I don't have a space for them to get sunlight.

Yesterday was beautiful and I watered my plants early knowing what was forecasted for today, hard to believe the weather could change so fast, but it did. Most schools are out today and all tomorrow. We live in a rural area and have a lot of busses going down clay roads.

I know some of you are far worse off than me, but I am really ready for spring!!!
Stay warm and safe!
Rosa

Comments (12)

• procrastinator
    10 years ago

I could certainly do without the bitter cold this year in upstate NY. I don't seem to have had as much snow as usual though. Was going to go out today, but it's barely 6 degrees so I'm staying home to stoke the woodstove to keep the house at 60. Saving heating oil as much as possible because the minimum delivery is 150 gallons at almost $4.10/gal. Hard to get inspired to sew when I have so many other things to do. I'd prefer to crawl back under the covers and hibernate. Normally at this point in the winter I'd be planning my garden and starting some seeds. Glad I don't live further North or West!

• procrastinator
    10 years ago

I could certainly do without the bitter cold this year in upstate NY. I don't seem to have had as much snow as usual though. Was going to go out today, but it's barely 6 degrees so I'm staying home to stoke the woodstove to keep the house at 60. Saving heating oil as much as possible because the minimum delivery is 150 gallons at almost $4.10/gal. Hard to get inspired to sew when I have so many other things to do. I'd prefer to crawl back under the covers and hibernate. Normally at this point in the winter I'd be planning my garden and starting some seeds. Glad I don't live further North or West!

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

We got a 2nd snow today, too.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• lindaoh_gw
    10 years ago

We have broken records for snow and low temperatures here in northwest Ohio. I am so tired of winter. We had to have our driveway plowed out again today. He came Sunday and by Monday there was a huge drift in front of the garage again. We waited until this morning to call him again. Monday we had a level 3 snow emergency for our county which means only emergency personnel are allowed on the roads. DH is delivering Meals on Wheels this week and it was cancelled on Monday. He was able to get there today.
    Spring can not get here soon enough for me!
    Linda OH

• nannykins
    10 years ago

I echo Linda's hope for spring.
    We are having the coldest winter in many years, and have already had more snow than we usually get. It is piled high by the roadside. And it is only January.
    Across from Detroit, we are called the Banana Belt of Canada. I'm afraid those bananas are frozen. And wouldn't you know it but our furnace conked out today. Fortunately fixed quickly. Tomorrow is "hunker down day".
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Stay safe and warm everyone!

SharonG/FL

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Oh, the fixed furnace died again in the middle of the night. Thank goodness for quilts to snuggle under. It is really fixed now at 9:30 this morning.
    Hope everyone is warm and toasty.
    Theresa

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I feel pretty lucky even with the terrible cold, most nights are 5 deg. or lower. It's the wind chill that is a killer!! I stay in most of the time. Been lucky with no outages, which I think must be about the worst for people. It snows but I have lived with that all my life so just accept it.
    I have a freezer that is stocked, quilts to make, and books to read, the computer works, the sun has shown a lot lately.........what more can I ask for??lol I do feel for those who have had it worse this winter in the Mid west and the south. Difficult to deal with quantity and the unusual.

• grammyp
    10 years ago

It has been a very strange winter.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

It has been bitter cold here. The River is frozen - the Watermen can't get out--my electric bill is way too high - my house is way too cold -- and I am waiting for a propane delivery to keep my house 'not warm' LOL. But, I'm really not complaining.

So Rosa, did you get your snow????

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I think my daughter in Indiana is missing her woodburning pot-belly stove this winter. She has a huge older home and it would heat the entire thing....even the upstairs.

Keep warm everyone.

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No snow, we had ice and really cold winds. All of the schools started closing Monday and some are still closed today. Even Ft. Stewart is on lock down. Everyone has been advised to stay at home if possible. I'm really puzzled why Atlanta didn't close schools earlier, what a mess the news was showing, 'course the roads there are always a mess! That's why, when AT&T offered my last transfer to Alpharetta I quickly said no thanks.

Amazing, but Sunday is in the 70s lol!!!!

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company