Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristy_seiler

What's your most favorite quilt or wall hanging that you have mad

Vanislegirl88
11 years ago

I think it's so much fun seeing what others have made and I often think if I had to pick a favorite which one would I pick? I think this Dahlia wall hanging....I made this for 2 employees of the company that I worked for that were getting married to each other. It was a fall wedding and Dahlia's were their flowers and their colours were burgandy and gold. I really liked how it turned out.

Comments (17)

• Vanislegirl88
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, that was suppose to say "that you have made". LOL

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Wow, that's really pretty -such vibrant colors!

I'm not sure what my favorite would be...maybe Shakespeare in the Park for my niece.

Or hubby's log cabin for his 50th birthday.

Donna

Wow - hadn't been on Photobucket in a while...boy has it changed! LOL

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

My favorite is the Music quilt I made for DD when she graduated highschool. She was continuing her education in Music at university so made this for her to take with her.

This post was edited by tuppermom on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 16:49

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Wow on all counts. Such fascinating patterns and wonderful color choices!

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Mary. I love your quilt. And the treble clefs and notes in the border.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I haven't made a lot of wallhangings, but this one is my fav.....I think.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilts!

That's a hard question. I often dislike whichever one I'm working on because it doesn't match my expectations, but then I end up loving it when I'm done. I usually think the NEXT one is going to be my best yet... until I start working on it.

One of my favorites is one of the first quilts I ever made. It's a Holiday quilt, only used each year from Thanksgiving until January 1st. The little panels are the 12 days of Christmas. I love taking it out of the cedar chest each Thanksgiving!

Kate

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Such beautiful quilts and wallhangings!

Thanks Theresa! The border is actually the song "Ode To Joy" quilted all the way around.

Maryv

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I guess my favorite quilt would be the one I make for my DD

and this is one of my favorite wall hangings.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

I love all of these quilts...you all do amazing quilting!!! Each one is lovely.

I have to say the Dahlia quilt is just stunning...love those colors! And tuppermom...that musical quilt is so special and beautiful...and Nanajayne...the blue and brown quilt is spectacular!

I think my favorite thus far is the one I made for hubby in batiks, posted last year. I'm hopeful there will be another favorite in the works soon.

Thank you all for sharing...your passion for quilting is inspirational for the (somewhat) newer kids on the (quilting) block!

V.

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

My "favorite" changes a lot. I have had a favorite on my kitchen wall for several years and then I make another I like. My current favorite is my Hawaiian hanging. I really like the effects of echo quilting. I'm still trying to figure out how to make another without my friends making fun of me.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Again, all beautiful.

Toolgranny, That Hawaiian quilt is fantastic. I have one almost finished ginger blossom block that's been in my stash since the class I took many years ago! If you have the patience for all that beautiful hand work, I say...go for it!

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Toolgranny! Spectacular!!!!

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Toolgranny, you're right - echo quilting is really the perfect finish for Hawaiian quilts. Yours is beautiful! Why do your friends make fun of you? I've only done one block but would like to try it again, too.

Donna

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

OMG Toolgranny...that is truely spectacular! I can't imagine why your friends would make fum...perhaps they're just jealous?

Every last one of these is just awesome!
    V.

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

All of the quilts are just beautiful. Nothing beats the stitches of love sewn into each!

Linda, I can see why that is your fav. Are those fabrics some of your own hand dyed ones? It is spectacular!

Gwen

• jaceysgranny
    11 years ago

They are all spectacular and show so much skill. I can see why they are your favorites.

Nancy