Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristy_seiler

Need some inspiration

Vanislegirl88
11 years ago

Hi all. Haven't been around for a while. Life has been getting in the way of my quilting however I have been lurking. I need to make a baby quilt. They don't know the sex of the baby. It's been a while and I need inspiration!! Show me some pics of your baby quilts and I'm sure I will get inspired to create once again.

Thanks!!
Kristy

Comments (36)

• bev2009
    11 years ago

My one and only for a neighbor's little boy.

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Here are some.
    An Eye Spy

A scrappy D9P

A 4x4patch

An alternating 9 patch

Disappearing 4 patch

another D4P

Hope these help.

beverly

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Right now I am working on a Rail Fence but here are a couple of others I have done.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

and #2
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Wonky Novelty

Dancing Stars

SharonG/FL

• donna_loomis
    11 years ago

I am just now working on my first ever quilt, a baby quilt, and I just wanted to say that I think all the pics are awesome!

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Ok people! how did you get two (or more) photos in one post???)
    Theresa

• lola99
    11 years ago

I didn't take pictures of the first few baby quilts I made, but here is one...

and a close up of some of the quilting

and my most recent one (not for a baby, but could have been!)

Theresa, I'm just copying in the link from photobucket to get more than one picture in my post.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Some I have made:

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Here is the one I made for grandson #3 but could be for a girl as well.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Here is an I Spy Disappearing 16 patch

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

:This one I cut apart a panel, added some nursery prints and some machine embroidery.

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

I made this one for my grandson for Christmas. I used a charm pack for the pinwheels and prairie points.
    Linda OH

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Love this thread! The quilts are beautiful and provide lots of ideas.

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Here's a Pinwheels and Prairie Points quilt top that I just finished.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

This is one I made for a Greatniece

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Here is 1st Grandson's quilt

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Looking at all these quilts has really gotten me antsy to get back to the sewing machine......hope it's sooner rather than later!!! I am chomping at the bit!

SharonG/FL

• Vanislegirl88
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, you all came through as I knew you would. Lovely quilts and I am now inspired and ready to go!! Thanks so much. I'll post a pic when I'm done.

• new2quilting
    11 years ago

Every year Quiltmaker Magazine has a free pattern, many of them good for a girl or a boy. I had a friend who didn't want to know what she was having so I made the ice cream quilt:

And a zigzag:

Others are a Lil twister:

And a play mat quilt:

Here is a link that might be useful: Quiltmaker Project Linus Free patterns

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

I love irish chain because it is so easy and you can do so much with the quilting.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Wow! Wish I needed another baby quilt. What wonderful ideas and fabulous quilting.

Can only find pix of my most recent one. I loved the colors and prints and had a ball quilting ducks and rabbits all over it with pastel variegated thread. I figured the baby wouldn't be too critical, which is good because my "free motion" can be a bit primitive.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Forgot to say. The pattern is from Quiltmaker. I guess Theresa knows that already ;-)
    These are a little better picture of the bunnies and ducks. The quilt lives with an adorable little girl in France. Sending a quilt overseas can be an expensive nightmare.
    LindaB/CA

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I know what you mean LindaB....I sent 2 quilts to my grandsons in New Zealand and it cost around $70. If I sent it from Canada it would have been over $150 so I guess US postage is a deal. I have to finish making GS#3's big boy quilt and send it for Christmas 2013. I started making a Bugjar quilt for him but he is Daddy's little helper and loves to garden, help build things and he shadows his Daddy every chance he gets so perhaps will figure something out with tools and gardening things.

Lovely quilts everyone and I am sure we have all gained some inspiration from them.

Maryv

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

This is an awesome thread...these quilts are fabulous as always from this group!
    One of my staff is having a baby in two weeks, and last Wed. it was decided that we should have a shower for her this Wed...nothing like last minute...(I work for a goverment agency...need I say more!) So Saturday afternoon I decided to make a quick quilt, finished it Tuesday night in time for the Wed shower. Stole most of the ideas from Fresh Lemon Quilts, used scraps on hand and Mom-to-be seemed to liked it.
    V.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Adorable. I love the variety and how light and bright it is. I can't imagine finishing anything that fast!
    LindaB/CA

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Cute!Cute!Cute! I love Fresh Lemons Quilts.
    Amazing how fast you can throw something together - that you love - when you have very little time.

I agree- great pictures everyone.

• polardream
    11 years ago

For what it's worth - this is a recent quilt made at retreat. Not too babyish - can be used for older kiddos, too.
    Sue

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Sue...It turn out so cute! Love all the fabric swatches. Guess that's considered an I Spy?
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Sue, This is really nice! I like to use that pattern, too and can actually use any theme.

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    11 years ago

Valarie, This one is an "I Spy", but Sharon is right, you can use any theme. I like the way it turned out, also!
    Sue

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Love the quilts!! I have been pulling weeds in our 75 to 80 degree weather. It's getting cooler now and you have inspired me to start a new project!!!!

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

This post is the MOST fun. So many adorable quilts. Sure is great that technology allows us to share across the miles.

LindaB/CA

• Vanislegirl88
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rosajoe, I made that teddy bear pattern in the past as well, although mine was made with a "too busy" fabric. LOL.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Love your Teddy!!!! I don't think it's too busy at all.

This is a fun post lol!
    Rosa

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Loisf...love the pinwheels and prairie points... That is just adorable!!!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH