Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

It's here!

grammyp
12 years ago

My raffle win from Jennifer's guild is here! You cannot possibly imagine how fabulous it is. The colors couldn't be more perfect for my house if I sent them pictures to plan it with. The batiks are all beautiful, the blocks are outstanding and the quilting is to die for. Look forward to seeing it at the retreat in October.

Quilt on my bed

Label

Close up of quilting

I am so excited!!!

beverly

Comments (22)

• katy122
    12 years ago

WOW! Absolutely beautiful! I can certainly understand your excitement...beautiful work. Sue

• itsmesuzq
    12 years ago

What a beautiful quilt! I have never seen batiks in a large quilt before; this one is truly a treasure!

Susan

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Bev,

You have NO idea how I wish that was MY quilt!! LOL It is absolutely gorgeous when seen in person!

My good friend handled the planning/orchestration of this quilt and made the center medallion as a jumping off point. I made the four compass blocks in the corners as my contribution to balance the center.

I'm glad it made it to you safe and sound!

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

You & your Guild made a spectacular quilt. I hope it raised alot of money.
    The colors are beautiful - can't wait to see it in person!
    Beverly~Congrats again on winning!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Beverly, The quilt is a beauty, that's for sure! The best part???? IT BELONGS TO YOU!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO

SharonG/FL

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

It's a good thing I don't know where you live, 'cuz I would come and steal it. The center and corner blocks are just gorgeous. And the quilting!!! I have to get up and walk around now and stomp off all this green with envy.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Amazing! Gorgeous! YOURS!!!

• day2day
    12 years ago

WOW!! That is a beautiful quilt!

Congratulations, Beverly.

~Geraldine

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

OMG Beverly that is one stunning win!!! I love the colors and it looks beautiful on your bed!!!

You lucky devil you!!!!
    Rosa

• Joan Dupuis
    12 years ago

That is beautiful. Who wouldn't be excited. Looks like it was made especially for your room.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

This is beyond words. I am so happy for you and that the quilt found the perfect home. It truly is a work of art and I know you charish it. I agree, I hope it made tons of money for those who made it. Almost makes me believe in games of chance.

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

I love the quilt!!! I think it is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!! :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Beverly, congratulations on your win! The quilt is beautiful!
    Linda OH

• buteau3rd
    12 years ago

So happy that the quilt has found a proper and appreciative home. I'm sure it will be loved and be a source of happiness for all admirers! It is a thing of beauty!

• meskauskas
    12 years ago

Wow - beautiful quilt, I love the colors! It looks perfect in your room.

• sunnycentralfl
    12 years ago

What a Beauty! ...and won by a Beautiful Lady! It was meant for you!

Congratulations!
    Gwen

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

That is one quilt I could sit and stare at for hours!
    A lot of work went into the construction, and you are truly blessed!

Is there any chance you could take a photo of the picture on the wall above your bed?
    Is is a painting?

Julie

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'll try to get a better photo of the picture. It is actually a puzzle I took to the retreat a couple of years ago. We started putting it together there, and DH and I finished it at home. It was a pain because it is sort of blurry and the colors all blend. But DH loved it when it was done, so we framed it and put it over the bed.

beverly

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I keep coming back to look at this quilt. The colors are so striking and the cool colored sashing really sets them off nicely.

Now I know that when I do my black/white quilt I'm going to do a large mariners compass in the center!

• bee0hio
    12 years ago

Oh, my!! That is an outstanding quilt! Beautiful!!!!! You are one LUCKY gal, GrammyP

• vicky4x4
    12 years ago

Beautiful!!!! Enjoy that baby!

Vicky

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Ohhhhhhhh my goodness! It is gorgeous!!! Looks perfect on your bed. Congratulations on a beautiful win!

Dee

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!