Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Fat Quarter Swap for 2008

teresa_nc7
16 years ago

As it appears we have enough interest on this forum for a fabric swap, I am announcing a Fat Quarter Swap today for the coming year 2008. There is no need to sign up, simply send me a private email to tcrouzer at yahoo dot com and I will reply to you with my mailing address where you are to send your fabrics.

Please read the swap guidelines carefully and follow them. Your fabrics will be returned if you neglect to follow the guidelines.

~ This swap is limited to participants on this Forum.

~ Fabrics sent should be 100% quilters' cottons - no home dec or poly/cotton blends. "Send fabric you would like to receive back."

~ Please be considerate of others: if your home has smokers or if you have furry/feathered critters that like to lay around on your fabric, please wash your swap fabric and keep it contained in a sealed zip bag until time to mail it. We would all like to receive clean, fur-free fabric.

~ Size: approximately 18-inches by 22-inches also known as a quilting Fat Quarter.

~ Send a minimum of one set: buy 1 1/2 yds. of 100% quilters' cotton, cut it in half down the entire length of the fabric. Cut these two half lengths in 3 pieces each that are approximately 18"x22" each. Keep one FQ for your stash and put the other 5 into a zip bag and seal it.

Optional: You may send all different FQs if you wish or two of one design and three of another, etc. but all fat quarters must be of the designated theme.

Optional: you may label your FQs with a pinned or thread basted label with your name and location if you wish. Do not use gummed labels or tape.

*** You may send a maximum of two sets, but depending on how many quilters are swapping you may get some of your own fabrics back.

~ Put your zip bags with your set(s) into a large mailing envelope along with an 8 1/2" x 11" or larger mailing envelope with your name and mailing address on the front and return postage IN STAMPS to cover the return of your fabrics. DO NOT USE METERED POSTAGE FROM THE POST OFFICE ON YOUR RETURN ENVELOPE! Sorry for yelling that but it is necessary. A little extra postage on your return envelope would be helpful on the off chance that you are short.

~Mark your calendar now with the upcoming dates and swap themes:

February 22, 2008 - Blue and Yellow - florals, batiks, prints with both blue and yellow colors in the design

April 4, 2008 - 1930s Reproduction Prints - any color, any design (circles, floral, plaid, cute animals/people, etc.) no solids, please

June 6, 2008 - Red, Red, and More Red - red tone-on-tone, red background with tiny figures in another color, red batiks, if floral, the background should also be red, red paisley, the fabric should say "RED"

September 5, 2008 - Neutrals - medium to light gray, beige, tan, taupe, gray-blue, gray-green, cream, champagne, and print or batik

November 7, 2008 - Paisley - any color but should have the specific paisley pattern like these examples:

Your package should be in the mail on or before the date listed.

Please do not send obvious holiday or children's prints.

If you have any questions please contact me or post to this thread. As mentioned before, there is no need to "sign up" for this swap. You can do all five or only one or two, but swapping is more fun with many participants!

International swappers are very welcome to join in this Swap. I will weigh fabric at my office mail room and let you know the value in US dollars of fabric you should include to your hostess to cover the cost of returning your fabrics to you. You would still include your return envelope in your swap package to me.

Teresa

Comments (59)

• abbigail
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Yippie! Mine are in the mail!! I sent 2 sets Teresa. ~Abbigail~

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just a reminder!

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Thanks for the reminder! So many things going on in my life right now, I thought I had missed this. I hope to get to the store this weekend sometime, in between basketball games and my husband remodeling the girls bedroom(what a mess!)

Vicky

• sunnycentralfl
    16 years ago

bump

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Mine are ready to go out. I won't get to the post office until Wednesday.

Vicky

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Mine went out today. Please let me know when they arrive.

Vicky

• janice__indiana5
    16 years ago

Bump!

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Vicky, Received your blue & yellow yesterday - Friday.

Teresa

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The deadline for the blue and yellow swap is February 22. Please have your fabrics in the mail on or before that day.

"Blue and Yellow - florals, batiks, prints with both blue and yellow colors in the design."

• sunnycentralfl
    16 years ago

Hi Teresa,

I mailed the blue/yellow FQ today. Extra stamps can be found in the little Hostess gift bag. Enjoy!

Thanks a Bunch!
    Gwen

• judylee59
    16 years ago

Hello! My blue and yellow FQs went in the mail today. Thanks! JudyLee

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

My yellow and blue fat quarters were sent on Tues. 2/19 and should be there by at least Friday. Thanks for hosting this swap Teresa.

Janet

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Today's the deadline, please get your package in the mail postmarked with today's date. We've got some lovely fabrics for this swap!

Thanks to all who are participating!

Teresa

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

Teresa, have you received my fat quarters yet? I'm getting excited about getting a squishy in the mail. When are you planning on mailing them out? The anticipation is getting to me. LOL.

Janet

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

FQ packages received thus far:

Eileen H in NY
    Jayme B in NY
    Vicky H in NY
    Gwen in FL
    Brenda H in KY

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

Teresa, I mailed my fat quarters on Tuesday the same day I mailed the Feb block lotto blocks to Vicky in NY. She received my envelop on Friday. I'm getting worried now. The postage on it was $5.30 sent priority. North Carolina is a lot closer than New York. I'm hoping the envelop didn't tear up. It was a heavy envelop. Next time I'll use a priority envelop. I'll give it a few more days, if it shows up please let me know. If not I'll skip this month's swap.
    Thanks.

Janet

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Packages received today:

Janet in AL
    JudyLee in NY

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

Hi Teresa, will you be mailing this swap out soon? I'm getting excited about getting these fat quarters. Thanks.

Janet

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We had some beautiful fabrics for this blue and yellow swap! The packages will go in the mail on Monday.

Because we had fewer swappers, some of you will receive some of your fabrics back. This happens and cannot be avoided. I hope we will have some more members participate in the future swaps.

Thanks to all who participated this time!

Teresa

• paulah_gardener
    16 years ago

I would like to get in on the remaing swaps for 2008.

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bumping up to remind everyone about the 1930's Reproductions Fat Quarter swap for April 4! I hope we will have many swappers!

• User
    16 years ago

Mine are prepared and in the envelope. I'm off today and will go to the post office this morning. I'm really looking forward to this one; I've fallen in love with 1930's reporoduction fabrics.

Dianne

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

Teresa, I mailed my fat quarters today. Hopefully it won't take as long as it did in Feb. Thanks for hosting.

Janet

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

There is still time to get your 1930s Reproduction fat quarters in the mail before the deadline April 4.

Swaps received:

Jayne B
    Janet W
    Paula H
    Dianne P

• annabelle1941
    16 years ago

i live in cornwall u.k. would it be alright for me to join your swaps - it sounds such fun - we dont have things like that in this country.
    Best wishes

Annabelle

• lola99
    16 years ago

Teresa, I mailed mine today - priority mail. Hopefully you will receive them soon.

Lola

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

Annabelle, you just need to mail your package by the 4th and then let Teresa know you're sending it. The details are in the first of this topic. I'm sending you Teresa's mailing address in a separate e-mail.

Welcome. You'll love this group.
    Linda

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

Annabelle, you don't have a linked e-mail. We can't contact you when it isn't there. Click on my name and send me an e-mail and I'll respond with Teresa's address.
    Linda

• sunnycentralfl
    16 years ago

Mailed my FQs to you today!

Gwen

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

Teresa, I have my FQ's ready to mail tomorrow morning. I stop at the PO on my way to work every day, so it will be on its way Thursday.
    Linda OH

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

Teresa, will you be mailing the fat quarters out soon? I'm looking forward to the 1930's fabrics!

Janet

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, they are in the mail today! Thanks to everyone who swapped.

Teresa

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

Teresa.
    The fat quarters arrieved today. Just in time as we will be leaving soon. Thanks for your efforts. Jayne

• User
    16 years ago

Teresa, I also received my 1930 repro fat quarters. I love them all. Thank you so much for all the work you put into these swaps. They're so much fun!
    Dianne

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

I received my fat quarters too. They all cooordinate so well together. Thanks everyone and especially Teresa.

Janet

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

My FQ's arrived also. Thank you everyone. I like all of them and they are all fabrics that I did not have. A special thank you to Teresa, you do a great job with the swaps.
    Linda OH

• paulah_gardener
    16 years ago

Received mine end of week. Its fun to swap. Paula

• sunnycentralfl
    16 years ago

Got home from a week's trip to MS and there was a nice "squishie" to welcome me home! Thanks Teresa! They are beautiful - I love the 30's fabrics!

Gwen

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Time to get your red on and in the mail!

Please read the swap guidelines carefully and follow them. Your fabrics will be returned if you neglect to follow the guidelines.

~ This swap is limited to participants on this Forum.

~ Fabrics sent should be 100% quilters' cottons - no home dec or poly/cotton blends. "Send fabric you would like to receive back."

~ Please be considerate of others: if your home has smokers or if you have furry/feathered critters that like to lay around on your fabric, please wash your swap fabric and keep it contained in a sealed zip bag until time to mail it. We would all like to receive clean, fur-free fabric.

~ Size: approximately 18-inches by 22-inches also known as a quilting Fat Quarter.

~ Send a minimum of one set: buy 1 1/2 yds. of 100% quilters' cotton, cut it in half down the entire length of the fabric. Cut these two half lengths in 3 pieces each that are approximately 18"x22" each. Keep one FQ for your stash and put the other 5 into a zip bag and seal it.

Optional: You may send all different FQs if you wish or two of one design and three of another, etc. but all fat quarters must be of the designated theme.

Optional: you may label your FQs with a pinned or thread basted label with your name and location if you wish. Do not use gummed labels or tape.

*** You may send a maximum of two sets, but depending on how many quilters are swapping you may get some of your own fabrics back.

~ Put your zip bags with your set(s) into a large mailing envelope along with an 8 1/2" x 11" or larger mailing envelope with your name and mailing address on the front and return postage IN STAMPS to cover the return of your fabrics. DO NOT USE METERED POSTAGE FROM THE POST OFFICE ON YOUR RETURN ENVELOPE! Sorry for yelling that but it is necessary. A little extra postage on your return envelope would be helpful on the off chance that you are short.

June 6, 2008 - Red, Red, and More Red - red tone-on-tone, red background with tiny figures in another color, red batiks, if floral, the background should also be red, red paisley, the fabric should say "RED"

Thanks for playing, swappers!
    Teresa

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A reminder about the June 6 Fat Quarter Swap for reds!

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jayne,
    Your package arrived in the mail today! Thanks for swapping!

Teresa

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Taking this to the top!

• alabamajanet
    15 years ago

Teresa, I'm gonna try to get mine in the mail today.

Janet

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sunnycentral fl - thanks, Gwen!

• lola99
    15 years ago

I put mine in the mail today. Thanks for hosting.

Lola

• judylee59
    15 years ago

My reds are cut and in the mail-today! Whew- nothing like the last minute. Thanks- Judy

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Received today:

Janet W - AL

• alabamajanet
    15 years ago

Hi Teresa, when will the fat quarters be mailed out? I'm going on vacation next week, so I guess there'll be here when I return. Did you receive many reds? I get so excited when I get a squishie in the mail. I need a life!
    LOL!

Janet

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope to get them in the mail on Saturday, but it may be Monday. Tomorrow I'm taking a class with Bonnie Hunter of Quiltsville.com - it's a scrappy class, of course! I'm so excited!!! She's the program presenter tonight at our guild meeting.

This will mean 3 trips this week to Greensboro for my quilting - yikes! So much for trying to save gas. But I've been staying at home for weeks, so I guess I'm allowed the trips this week?

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The red fat quarters are in the mail today. Sorry for my being late but I've been operating with a handicap - some type of cold/sinus/allergy thing that is getting worse and affecting my hearing and making me very tired.

Thanks to all who swapped this time!
    Teresa