Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

Hoffman Challenge - 2013

magothyrivergirl
11 years ago

What do you think of the fabric selection?????

I love it! I hated the Fabric choice for the 2012 challenge.

I was fortunate to see one of the traveling shows of the winners from 2010 - our Guild had secured a room for the show at our annual Quilt Show last year. The ideas and execution using the Challenge fabric was beyond imagination!!!! Incredible talent!!!!!

What do you think of the this year's Challenge Fabric?

Anyone entering the competition?

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoffman Challenge 2013

Comments (8)

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

I'm with you, I hated the fabric from the last one. I love these. Don't know that I'll try it but will cheer you on. Go for it.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Would love to wallow in those fabrics! Beautiful!! My imagination doesn't lend itself to a competition like this so, no, I won't be entering. I'll be your armchair cheerleader, Marsha......jump jump jump....clap clap clap, won't try a back flip though.

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Bleh...they don't do anything for me but that's okay. I think we're having a Hoffman Challenge exhibit at our quilt show in a couple of weeks.

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

I like it better than last year's. I did make a small top last year, but I don't even like it enough to make it into a quilt.

I don't know if I will have the time this year. I'm still thinking.

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

When i worked in a quilt store we had this bolt of fabric that we all thought was the ugliest stuff we had ever seen and it sure wasn't selling.Our manager was a very talented person and could do anything,she had that eye for creativity.So she decided we would run a contest.She set it up to sell a piece of this fabric,can't remember how big it was,fo 2.00,and that got you into the contest.You could make something with it and either add stuff from your stash or buy other fabrics to add to it.

The customers would do the voting at the end of the contest,they could make a wall quilt,table runner,placemats,purses,whatever they wanted,they just had to incorporate that ugly fabric into their project,and the winner got a 25.00 GC to the store as the prize.

It was a big hit and we were amazed what those ladies did with that ugly stuff.Put into something it was no longer ugly.Wish i had taken some pictures.
    Kathi

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

When i worked in a quilt store we had this bolt of fabric that we all thought was the ugliest stuff we had ever seen and it sure wasn't selling.Our manager was a very talented person and could do anything,she had that eye for creativity.So she decided we would run a contest.She set it up to sell a piece of this fabric,can't remember how big it was,fo 2.00,and that got you into the contest.You could make something with it and either add stuff from your stash or buy other fabrics to add to it.

The customers would do the voting at the end of the contest,they could make a wall quilt,table runner,placemats,purses,whatever they wanted,they just had to incorporate that ugly fabric into their project,and the winner got a 25.00 GC to the store as the prize.

It was a big hit and we were amazed what those ladies did with that ugly stuff.Put into something it was no longer ugly.Wish i had taken some pictures.
    Kathi

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

Looking at the winners of the 2012 challenge, there are a couple of quilts where I can't really even find the challenge fabric. I thought it had to be a major focus.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I didn't like last year's fabric either, but this one is OK. I like the colors. Wasn't there a similar challenge fabric a couple years ago with peacocks in it? The same teal/aqua/beige colors?

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County