Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

Our last quilting bee

vicky4x4
12 years ago

Here's a picture of our last quilting bee. The picture is a little blurry. The quilt is for a young lady in our fellowship that just got married. All the ladies make a block then I put them together and out the borders on, we then get together to quilt it :-) It was a dark overcast day we are at an Amish house, no electric! Very hard to see. I quilted the corner block right in the front of the picture.

Comments (13)

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

How fantastic is that!?!

I've always wondered if it would be apparent that a quilt was done by so many hands? Or are the ladies chosen to participate based upon their technique or quilting abilities so that it will result in a consistent look? Obviously, a beginner needs the experience, but no matter how they try, they won't have the same # of stitches per inch that a more experienced quilter will have.

Just curious...

• day2day
    12 years ago

What a wonderful picture!!

We take electricity and so many other things for granted but our grandparents made do without a lot of those conveniences.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

~Geraldine

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Our quilts are made with love. There is a LOT of variance in the quilting of our quilters. It is ok and it shows it doesn't matter how good you are at quilting it is just the love that goes into it.

Vicky~

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Vicky, it's beautiful...just love the colors. And it looks so precise!

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Vicky, Thank you for the picture. I think it's fantastic how the ladies continue to get together, young and not so young, and quilt. Certainly a time to bond and encourage one another.

SharonG/FL

• sunnycentralfl
    12 years ago

What a beautiful quilt...and made with love in every stitch! A real treasure!

TFS,
    Gwen

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

This is what quilting is about as I see it. TFS Jayne

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

"Our quilts are made with love. There is a LOT of variance in the quilting of our quilters. It is ok and it shows it doesn't matter how good you are at quilting it is just the love that goes into it."

That says it all. Perfect.

Kate

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing that picture. It shows so well how the techniques are passed on from one generation to another. Beautiful quilt and great job.

• susan_on
    12 years ago

What a wonderful picture! It must be fantastic to experience such a warm and sharing community. TSF.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

A beautiful quilt. And a beautiful Quilting Bee. It is very comforting to see all ages and level of skills coming together to express their love and appreciation for one another thru the art of quilt making.

Thank you for posting this picture.

• faintheart
    12 years ago

What a wonderful picture! There is nothing more I can say that hasn't been said...thank you Vicky for sharing the picture!

Dee

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

Dee said it all...Nothing to add except thank you for sharing. I wondered if people somewhere still get together for a quilting bee. Now I know.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals