Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crafteedee

pre-made prairie points

crafteedee
14 years ago

Is there a place I can purchase pre-made prairie points by the yard? I've heard it does exist...but I can seem to find it by Googling.

Comments (9)

• petalpatsy
    14 years ago

I've not heard of it myself, but I wanted to post to say I enjoyed your 'My page.' Safe to assume you're in Hawaii? I like your sweet kitties, and the quilts you picture are really lovely--and interesting.

"What does OHGWQ stand for again? Something something Garden Web quilt? The bodies of the turtles are pieced sometime? I got a smile from eight months collecting, two weeks sewing. That's how it is, isn't it!

And the just for me quilt is a stack and whack? I'm mighty impressed with those extremely straight borders and all those perfect points!!! I'm glad you flipped it to show off your label. Is that the name of the quilt? And did you put your own name and date on it anywhere?

And the little girls have embroidery floss hair?

These three look so crisp and professional!

• crafteedee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Petalpatsy,
    Your post got me to take a look at my "My Page". I obviously haven't done that in quite some time! Haven't been able to post like I used to. I'll have to update it when I get some time. Thanks for the compliments.

OHGWQ = One Hundred Good Wishes Quilt. It's based off of a Chinese folk tale...& many families make these quilts for their adopted children. Some of the turtles are pieced. The turtles are all fabrics from family members & the rest of the fabrics were collected from friends & friends in the adoption community. I pieced some of the turtle shells if I got more than 1 fabric from one family unit.

Dragonfly Dreams is the name I gave my quilt. It's just a basic Stack n whack design.

• rosajoe_gw
    14 years ago

The quilts are gorgeous!!! I have never seen or heard of pre-made prairie points but I did use this tutorial to make fast points that were all from the same fabric.
    Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: Fast Prairie Points

• love2sew
    14 years ago

I haven't heard of pre-made prairie points but charm packs make perfect prairie points. I used a pack for my baby quilt and they looked really nice.
    Jeane

• solstice98
    14 years ago

Jeane, that's a great idea! I guess you fold and use each square as 1 point, right?

Kate

• Robbi D.
    14 years ago

What a great visual on the prairie point link! It makes them look so easy. Thanks.

• kimberlychopkins_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I have about 3 yds of premade white prairie points....and am desperately searching for more...I need a total of 6 yds. Found what I have in my stash...who knows how long it's been there or where I bought it! I've searched Joann's, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etsy, ebay...nothing. Haven't found any online either....hope someone knows of a place.

• imrainey
    13 years ago

I found the Etsy offering below. Perhaps if you got in touch with her she has or would make other colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: prairie point bunting

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Dee, I don't see anything when I click on "My Page" next to your name...is there another link, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Donna

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia