Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rail Fence Xmas Fabs

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 19, 06 at 20:44

I did my strips so I would have a 9" finished square making an 18" finished block. The green +'s (pluses) are the same fabric....same blocks, making the red +'s 4 different fabrics from other blocks. The light fabric is ecru with green holly leaves.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rail Fence Xmas Fabs

Nice quilt, I have a box full of strips, think I may try one of these to use them up.

beverly

o

Thanks, Beverly. It uses up those extra strips as you can use different fabrics for each block. Since someone said you could "eyeball" from corner to corner, I've been sewing a grid through the blocks. Someday, I want to learn to meander......2007 goal.

I'm putting away my Christmas fabric now........ @:)

SharonG/FL

o

Ok, you learn to meander, I'm gonna learn to handquilt. If that doesn't work out, I'll learn to meander too.

beverly

o

Beverly, I used to handquilt....which I really enjoyed, but my hands and fingers can't do it anymore for any length of time.

I found a meandering pattern online that I printed off and hopefully I can get DH to enlarge it so I can practice. Thought I'd just get a yard of cloth, sandwich it and go for it!

BTW....I finally got your fleece squares in the mail today so be on the look-out for them.

SharonG/FL

o

Thank you so much for the squares. I don't know if my hands and shoulders will hold up for long either but I have always wanted to try, so I will give it a shot.

beverly

o

That's very nice and one of my favorite patterns.

o

Thanks, Fran. I needed to get one done before Christmas and I was also trying to use up the Christmas fabric I've had for awhile. This seemed to fit the bill....
SharonG/FL

o

Hey Sharon, I really like that!!

When I first looked at it, I thought of one of those puzzles where you follow a path to the center, and if you go the wrong way, you run into a wall and have to turn around to find an open one...just a thought.

You did good.

Let us know how the meandering goes.

doris=^.^=

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here