Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot Dish/Candle Mats

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 18:05

Here are 10 of the 12 hot pads I'm making for Christmas. A few of them need the binding sewn down on the back.

Hot Dish/Candle Mats for Christmas

Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot Dish/Candle Mats

Nice ones. I really like the octagon in the front. You are still very busy!

beverly

o

Thanks, Beverly. I'm trying to get things done for Christmas so I can get started on the birthday swap blocks. There are a few WIP's that I have set a time frame for that will need to be worked on, too.

o

Love your hot mats and I am sure those that received them did too. TFS
Jeane

o

Thank you, Jeane, I hope so. I haven't heard any feedback yet, but they just got them yesterday.

Sharon

o

Sharon,what did you use for the batting?....I thought to make some hot pads for my dad since the ones he took with him to the new apartment are to cringe about....lolol....I threw away what I could get ahold of and the rest will go when I get these done...MEN.......Judy

o

All are lovely. I need to make some for ME!!
Judy I have to laugh at your comment. My sis made a very simple first time quilt for her son. She told me she will never make another.
He brought it home for her to wash after a couple of months and she said it was filthy.
I think he really hurt her feelings by not taking care of it. I'm positive he does not realize how much time went into that simple quilt.
Rosa

o

Judy, I put Insul-Brite (I think that's what it's called) in the middle. I have a few of those ugly hot pads myself. You'd think I'd do something about it!

Rosa, What in the world did that boy use his quilt for? Your sister must have been shattered! I feel so sorry for her.

o

I make hot mats with regular batting and put put overlapped pieces in the back and insert the rubbery hot mats inside. This way I can use them on my dining room table and they look nicer than hot plates.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here