Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ocean View - finally done!

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 14:32

I like how this quilt turned out but I'm so glad it's done! I felt guilty when I wasn't working on it cause it needed to be completed. Now, I don't have to feel guilty when working on something else! I call this Ocean View because it sorta looks like looking through a window at the dolphins and whales. Blocks used: Snowball and Friendship Star

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ocean View - finally done!

Lovely quilt. Thanks for naming the blocks used.

o

The snowball block is so versatile.I like looking at all the different ways it can be used. I like the lighter blue and the dolphins,but my favorite is the border fabric.It looks like ocean waves.I'd love to have some of it.May I ask where you got it?
~Geraldine

o

I, too, like the various patterns the Snowball can make and how it varies with fabric placement when using 2 blocks. I really like the design these 2 made!

It 'is' ocean waves fabric and was challenging to work with as I pieced all 4 borders....kept having to make sure the waves weren't upside down! I thought I had more left than what I found in my scraps, but I can't find it and there's not even anything with a selvedge edge on it! I think I might have gotten it at Calico Point in Indiana...but I'm not sure. It feels like better fabric than what Walmart would have, but I've gotten some good stuff there sometimes. Sorry, that's the best I can do.......

SharonG/FL

o

That's incredible the 3D effect you get using those 2 blocks and your dolphin fabric. Great job.
Jean

o

Thanks, Jean. I think using the stark white for the Friendship Star block and the bright/dark blue with the dophins fabric really made it stand out.

o

That is beautiful Sharon. I love the fabric too. But then all of your projects are master pieces!!!!!!!!
Rosa

o

Wow, Rosa, Thank you! I do love to put quilt tops together. My fav part keeps changing, but that's where I'm at now. @:)

I've been a little at loose ends since I finished this one. I'm working on a Sudoku (I don't know how to pronounce it) and I need to put a border on a Novelty on Point I did. That was a new technique that if I do again I don't think I'll use 6" squares.....I think it's too big, but I'll have to wait til it's complete to know for sure.

o

Another nice one! I like the diagonal lattice effect.

o

wow! good work! i realy love the pattern n fabric thats so cool!

o

Thank you, Maryliz and Chrizty. It was fun to make. I think there are too many similarities in the dolphin/whale blocks so would probably take the measurement of the repeat in the fabric in consideration next time....hind-sight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here