Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scrap Quilts #1

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 07 at 17:48

I thought those of you following the Scrap Quilt Class would like to see some of my scrap quilts. I'll post a few here in #1 and post some additional quilts in subsequent threads.

If you have any questions about any of the quilts, just post on the Gallery thread where the quilt appears.

Teresa

Four Patch Baby Quilt in 1930's Repro fabrics and bleached muslin.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Not Quite Bowties lap quilt in controlled colors, blue, russet red, forest green and gold.

Shooting Star baby quilt with pieced solid border and scrappy binding.

Baby Nine Patch in controlled colors of green, yellow, and white.

Aunt Sukie's Choice baby quilt in medium blues, russet reds, taupe, and beige.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scrap Quilts #1

I wish my scrap quilts looked like those.

o

Great job!I like those repro fabrics, especially the border.I like the color scheme in the baby 9-patch, and my favorite is Aunt Sukie's Choice. Thanks for sharing.
Geraldine

o

They all look great!

o

Those are all awesome -- I particularly like the last one.

o

My scrappy sure doesn't look this good.....guess I better take the class.....I started making blocks during the fire and just couldn't stop.....I'll post a pic when I get the blocks sewn together.

SharonG/FL

o

Teresa,

They are all great. No way could I choose a favorite.
So many;so pretty!

TFS
Sally

o

I really like your 'scrappy' work... you have a wonderful knack to control your scraps/colors - making each quilt look really unique without being overdone in the 'scrappy' look....I am saving your notes on my computer and hope to get something accomplished with your information.
Thanks for sharing and being a wonderful teacher!
Barbara

o

They are all gorgeous, but I'm love the baby nine patch.
Rosa

o

Great job, My girls are telling me now that all my quilts look about the same, because I keep using the same scraps. So now I'm trying to branch out on the colors.

Vicky

o

they look great! lol wish mine looked as good as yours!

o

Thanks for all the scrap quilt inspiration, Teresa, even though I'm not in the class.

o

Very beautiful! I love scrappy quilts.
Carolyn

o

Those are just beautiful, Teresa. I admire your skills in keeping the scrappy controlled. Very nice and I am busy following your class.
Thank you for hosting and sharing.
Jean

o

i just now seen your classes! love em will jeep followin them! thanks for doing them teresa!

o

They're delightful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here