Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

What I finished today - 11/9

I love the way Friendship Star can be used in quilts. This one measures 45" X 56". I have another quilt done, but no picture yet.

SharonG/FL

Comments (16)

• ironkit
    17 years ago

I lurrrve that orange in the border, and the white sashing sets off the blocks so nicely.

Gorgeous, gorgeous and what perfect points!

~ Kit

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you, Kit.

Here's the other quilt I completed today. When Judy was looking for an easy pattern, Laura posted a pic of a pink and green quilt she had made. Well, I was looking for one, too, so I used that pattern. (thanks Laura) This one is a comfort quilt for my uncle in Michigan. It measures 56" X 70"....I hope he'll be able to wrap up in it ok. I also straight stitched 1/4" away from the seam line in the border and sashings. The HST and border is in a very deep rich emerald green - I think the pic shows it kind of black, but the green is gorgeous!

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    17 years ago

Sharon, you have been very busy indeed. Like that friendship star quilt, but the fabric in the floral is wonderfu.

beverly

• gerizone5
    17 years ago

I love the color scheme in that pinwheel quilt. Very rich. Great job on both quilts.

• hoerlel
    17 years ago

Love that second quilt pattern and I would love to make one similar for my uncle. He would just love that for Christmas. I will just have to get started really fast to get it done before Christmas though since I have so many projects going right now.

That friendship star has always been a favorite of mine as all traditional patterns have been.

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Love them both.Isn't it funny how that green shows up as black on the second quilt,yet if you look close you can see the green in the floral.Crazy huh???
    Good job though.TFS
    Kathi

• ddavisgray
    17 years ago

You did a wonderful job on the quilts. Your Uncle will be so proud.

doris =^.^=

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, everyone.

On the star quilt, come to find out, the baby's room has been decorated in blue and the mother loves orange! I was a little concerned about the orange, but it all worked out ok.

Lucy, Once you get started and chain sew, that quilt goes pretty fast. Laura used cornerstones in hers, so that would be faster yet.

This uncle is only 2 years older than I am so we sort of grew up together......double dated, etc. I married his best friend, a year later, he married my best friend.

SharonG/FL

• fran1523
    17 years ago

Those are both beautiful quilts Sharon. The patterns may be simple but they are classic and look great in the fabrics you chose. I am very fond of Friendship Star myself and love that one.

• juttz
    17 years ago

Sharon, I will never catch up to you..lolol...and both of those quilts are gorgeous....again I say I wish I lived closer to you.....you are an inspiration...Judy

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Fran, I tend to prefer the more simple traditional patterns. I get bored with working on complex 'take too long' quilt patterns.

Judy, When you're retired, you can sew all day if you want to. If we lived close enough to each other, I probably wouldn't get as much sewing done! lol But, it would be nice, eh?

SharonG/FL

• maggie_sue
    17 years ago

Both are great, love your colors!

• biwako_of_abi
    17 years ago

Love the colors in that Friendship Star! What a lovely thing for a baby to look at!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you, maggie and biwako. The more I look at that blue and orange quilt the more it looks like looking out a window. I think I'll need to make another one similar to this one. *smile*

SharonG/FL

• mexicomarti
    17 years ago

OK, now you are cooking with MY kind of gas....LOVE the colors in the first one. So bright and cheerful, it just says I Love Life I Love Life I Love Life, doesn't it.

Marti in Mexico

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marti, I thought you might like that one!!!! @:) Me, too!

SharonG/FL

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting