Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Candle Mat

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 3, 09 at 16:57

This pattern came to me via a friend in Fort Wayne. It's supposed to be a candle mat, but I added InsulBright and am calling it a Hot Dish Mat. @:)
Candle/Hot Dish Mat

Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Candle Mat

What a happy color combination. I love it.

beverly

o

Thanks, Beverly. I'm hoping to get some orphan blocks out and make them up as Hot Dish Mats for Christmas. Planning to send an assortment of items like this so the nieces can choose what they want. I'm burned out on pillowcases. Ended up making 46 and need at least 2 more.....sigh.

Sharon

o

Oh my gosh, 46! You have been busy. I like the hot dish mat idea myself. May steal it from you.

beverly

o

Using blocks that are already made will make this project go quickly.....I hope! I figure, if the idea is there, help yourself to it!

Sharon

o

I love it Sharon!!!!! The colors are so pretty. I was feeling sorry for myself for having to make 20 pillow cases, 46 WOW.
Anything I make for the fam I make so many for others that I don't make things for me.
This coming year I have 2 baby girl quilts and then I am making some things for my home.
That'll last about 1 month LOL!
Rosa

o

Really a great idea for those orphan blocks I am starting to acquire!
why are you making 48 Pillowcases??

o

Thank you Rosa. I keep thinking I'll be able to do something for me soon, but you know how that goes. @:)

Mago, 11 pillowcases went to the Troops, 4 for as gifts, and the rest are Christmas presents for the great-grands, grands, and great-nieces/nephews. Am also making doll quilts for the younger girls.....need 9 of those.

Sharon

o

I like your color combo.

These would make nice stocking stuffers if made in Christmas colors.....or any colors for that matter. TFS.

~Geraldine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here