Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow&BlueBabyQuilt

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 07 at 15:15

I have fallen in love with redwork, bluework, etc. I made this baby quilt trying to learn to use my embroidery machine. The grandmother wanted something that was not too babyish so I embroidered baseball boys bluework on the white blocks and whitework baseballs on the yellow & white blocks.
The backing is the same color as the bluework. The little boys gloves and the ball look padded and quilt is reversable.
I am getting better with my embroidery machine, thank goodness!!!!! I thought it hated me LOL!!!!!!
Rosa

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow&BlueBabyQuilt

Rosa, that is beautiful. It is not babyish at all but very boyish. Great job.

beverly

o

Beautiful!! I likethe designs you used. TFS.
Geraldine

o

That is the cutest boy design - very boy!

o

Thanks everyone, the *work embroidery is perfect for quilting.
Rosa

o

Rosa,
It is so cute.
Did you embroider each individual square then sew them together-sort of quilt as you go or did you put the whole thing together and then embroidery. If you had it together first how did it work in the machine?
I have thought of doing this but am not sure how to go about it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you could give me.

Sally

o

Rosa, I really like your quilt....love the back. I've been contemplating getting an embroidery machine to do quilts, but have been dragging my feet.

SharonG/FL

o

Sharon,
I was the same way, it took me over a year to decide to buy one or not. I love mine, but it isn't as easy as just putting the card in and turn on the machine!!!!! There are so many (including stippling) designs for machine quilting.

Sally,
I embroidered the name and date with cotton material and stablizer. Then layer the quilt as usual (top, batting, backing). I used my sewing machine to stitch in the ditch around the blocks. I have found that redwork is perfect to quilt with. I used a blue thread to match the backing and white in the bobbin.
The blue boys are on top and the backing has white boys. I fold the quilt so the embroidery machine arm can still move easily. Redwork is getting so popular there are many designs out there, many are free.
The hardest part is getting the design centered!!!!!
Rosa

o

Just gorgeous.

o

Rosa, that is beautiful!
Red

o

That is just beautiful !!!!!!
bopeep

o

Lovely, Rosa - and very unique!
Teresa

o

That is so sweet. What a great way to experiment with your machine. Thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here