Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Batiks and Black

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 12, 06 at 20:31

I signed up for the Batik FQ Swap so have been playing with some of the Batik's I have on hand. I just have them pinned on the back of a door. (Hopefully, this pic will work)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Batiks and Black

Ohh, I SO love that look! I have a quilt planned that I'm collecting fabric for of bright fabrics like that with black...a sampler with all different sized blocks. I can't wait to get started on it! they look so good together!

o

I just love how colors pop out with black. That is going to be great.

beverly

o

i want to pass on something i learned working with batiks. i made a maple leaf with my batiks and kona cotton. I looove both BUT the batik does not !!!! have give while the kona cotton does. I didn't have too much trouble piecing the quilt but the woman that machine quilted it for me almost had a nervous breakdown.

o

The black and bright colors are a stunning combination.

o

ralfsmom, I've never heard of this. Were they Bali batiks?

SharonG/FL

o

Very Pretty!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here