Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

'A Walk in the Woods'

solstice98
15 years ago

Just completed today, this is a full bed size quilt for my Great Nephew. My niece is very special to me and her son is just as delightful a person as she is. Last summer the whole family was on an Alaskan cruise and we took some wonderful excursions. One was a jet boat ride into the wilderness where we saw moose and bears. While on the trip I purchased some fabric (of course!) and was able to use it in this quilt. He's only 8 so I don't think he'll really appreciate this gift now, but when he's older I think he will.

Pattern: It's a Disappearing 9 Patch all in batiks, with paisley sashing in a denim blue color.

Quilting: I did free motion quilting using a meander with some leaves to keep up the woodsy theme.

Accessories: I made a couple pillow cases in the same fabric as the sashing, a small pillow featuring the moose, bear, wolf fabric, and a fluffy bed for his little dog Nicky!

Label: I hand draw my labels. I'll let you know that the animal is a moose! Sadly, I don't draw many moose and this one looks more like a dog wearing a hat. But, seriously, it's a moose.

Kate

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH