Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cosmic Dance

Posted by solstice98 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 12, 08 at 19:16

I was getting ready to post photos of my newest quilt and realized I hadn't posted any from the last one. Can't have that, can we? So here they are. This is a quilt I made for my GodDaughter's graduation from Arizona State University. Now she's in LA and working her way into the public relations business in the music industry. Very contemporary lifestyle and tastes so a traditional quilt was not going to do for her. I designed this one and tried to incorporate the ASU colors (maroon and gold) while keeping it primarily black and white. The top is quilted in glow in the dark thread and I used a metallic sparkle thread in the bobbin so the black back of the quilt has a personality too!

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cosmic Dance

OOOOH, nice! I love brights with black and white. I know she will love it.

beverly

o

Great quilt! It will surely be enjoyed!

TFS
Sally

o

I love that quilt!!!! Black and white quilts, with a splash of color are some of my favorites. If she doesn't love it, let me know....I'll send you my address! Thanks for sharing.

o

Sorry, Wanda, but she did love it. I made a couple throw pillows in the same fabrics and two fabric bowls too. I put glow in the dark beads on the bowls to go with the glow thread in the quilting. I have to admit it was the hardest one yet to part with!

o

Great quilt!

Foxy.

o

Love it. You can't go wrong with B&W and I like the way you incorperated the music theme, subtile but appropriate.
Nicely done. Jayne

o

That is beautiful. I love modern artsy stuff. Perfect for a young college girl.
Jean

o

Great quilt!

o

Wow- I just love that. My daughter would love that too. If she gets tired of it, let me know. Great job. Deanna

o

Very artsy!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful quilt and I love your quilting.
I have never tried glow in the dark, but I plan too.
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here