Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fabric scraps

Posted by cejay (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 1, 09 at 15:37

is there anyone in my area that wants a couple of garbage bags full of mixed scraps. mostly childrens prints. I hate to throw them away, but I simply don't have time or space to keep them. Have just been given 5 quilt tops so I am overwhelmed.

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fabric scraps

I can't blame you for not wanting to throw them away, that explains the current condition of my sewing room. Have you checked with the local schools to see if their art or home-ec teachers can use them? Or perhaps a local quilt guild or recreation center.

beverly

o

I don't know where you live in Florida, but if the local schools or any other organization doesn't want them (call the local quilt shop they might know of a guild that would take them), and you're close enough to me, I would be happy to have them. I live over on the Gulf Coast north of Homosassa.

(Beverly, stop laughing and rolling your eyes!)

SharonG/FL

o

Sharon, Tim says I have no moral authority to roll my eyes about anyone collecting any form of fabrics.

beverly

o

Hi there, cejay!

I am in Florida - but don't know what area you are in. I am in the Ft Myers Beach area.

I make charity quilts for a children's hospital. Last year I focussd on preemies and made eleven. This year I want to make more for older kids.

If we are near to each other, and you still have the fabric, I would love to have it and would put it to very good use.

Marilyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here