Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wreath

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 30, 06 at 12:27

I finished this Log Cabin wreath yesterday.....I think I'll move the bow up and over toward the middle a little bit. I hand quilted around the center and the the outside of the wreath then machine quilted stars in the corners.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wreath

Sharon, That came out great. It is so amazing to me how many things you can make with log cabin blocks. TFS

o

Awesome!!!! This is one of my favorites!!

o

Thank you.....

This is an Eleanor Burns pattern. She has a Christmas Tree wallhanging pattern, too. I thought it would look really neat with embellishments....maybe next year....

SharonG/FL

o

What a nice wall hanging. Gives me ideas for the Christmas door competition at work.

beverly

o

Very Nice...I like the bow. I always forget to come over here. I need to catch up

Nanciii

o

Beverly, Don't forget to show us pictures of what you come up with! I very rarely make wallhangings but I like the crisp look of red, green and stark white.

Nanciii, The bow I bought at Walmart and it's pinned on.

Here's a pic with the bow moved.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SharonG/FL

o

That is really pretty. I love that bright red. It really sets it off.

o

Sharon, I keep forgetting about the gallery at GW..wow you are so busy and getting those quilts flying out of your sewing room..I love everything you have done...Judy

o

This wreath is going to my DD2 for a missionary fundraiser at her church. She and her family will be here in a couple weeks and will take it with her then. I probably should get another dowel for the sleeve as the one I have in it now is too short.

Judy, I usually work on 2 quilts at once. That way, I can use the 'leader/ender' concept...if I don't get mixed up.

SharonG/FL

o

Very pretty! The bow really makes it pop.
Clara

o

That's beautiful. ONe for the idea file.

o

Love it, love it, love it. I printed it for inspiration. I like the bow in the first position.

Marti in Mexico

o

Thank you......one thing about having the bow pinned on, you can move it every day if you want to. *S*

My daughter said raffle tickets were selling with just using the picture! I need to check with her to see how that's going. I think the group leaves Dec 8th. She had her ticket and ready to go but won't be able to now as she is having health problems.

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here