Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Playing with Lucy's directions for non-SnW...

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 25, 06 at 23:51

I tried to take a pic of all the blocks I have done but they are so colorful, I can't size them small enough to post without having them go all blurry. DH said to just post one block, so here tis......

I think it's really too too busy and it hurts my head to look at all of them at once. I think I'm going to use a lime green for sashing and black for a cornerstone. At least that's the plan for now.

SharonG/FL

Image link: Playing with Lucy's directions for non-SnW... (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Playing with Lucy's directions for non-SnW...

I love it... Great colours.. But maybe as you say Sharon a whole quilt in this fabric may look a bit busy.. :-)

Michelle

o

Sharon, I think that looks great. I think once you put the sashing around the blocks, it will tone them down because I thought the same thing about my blocks when I first started them and once the sashing was on, I was pleased with the results.

o

I'm going to have to wait to see what this looks like when I get it all together. A gal from Tinidad ordered a 'flowery' quilt and she loves color! Not sure if this will work or not, but will see when I get it done. She does like 'loud' though.

SharonG/FL

o

I am not really a 'loud' person, but I do like that block!! Maybe my tastes a changing!!!
Rosa

o

I love the colors, brights are my thing, but a solid quilt of those blocks may get a bit busy. How about alternating the floral blocks with a solid or a 9-patch. That would tone it down a bit.

beverly

o

I have the quilt top done and have a pic taken....DH isn't in here to help me hang it higher so I think I'll wait to post a pic of it til I can get a pic of the whole thing. It turned out ok....I used yellow sashing with lime green cornerstones. Next is a small black border then the last border is pink.

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here