Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the next quilt I'm working on.....

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 22, 06 at 17:48

At the coast this weekend I found this cute sea otter fabric that will make a wonderful, bright, lively baby quilt!

There are lots of colors that will go with this fabric - all brights:

yellow, orange, red orange and red

lime green, crayon box green, blue green

bright orchid, purple, blue purple

royal blue, deep purple

No whites, no creams, no beige, black, brown, or soft pastels for this quilt!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the next quilt I'm working on.....

well that is just too precious

o

They are too cute!! Where did you find it? I would like some for an I-spy block.

beverly

o

Great print.

o

That will be a great baby quilt. I'll bet batiks would make a great nine-patch for that. Like in the red-orange and blue-green colors. Thinking of making one for my friend who's DIL is expecting next April. Thanks for the pic and the idea.

Geri

o

Teresa,
That is so bright and cheerful!!! Can't wait to see the quilt.
Rosa

o

What cute little creatures. The colors are great too. Colleen

o

Perfect colors...love the seals :)

o

I love brights for baby quilts! That fabric will make a winner!

SharonG/FL

o

Oh, oh, oh! That is one of the cutest prints I've seen! Can't wait to see the finished product.

o

Teresa,
I love the bright colors for a baby quilt.
I have to agree with Geri, I'll bet batiks would make a great nine-patch for that too.
Can't wait to see the finished product.
doris

o

I think there is a similar fabric, with cats instead of seals. Love that - all the colors are perfect for kids quilts!!

o

Oh, I'm so envious! I love the otter fabric.

o

saw that fabric the other day with frogs!

You can use such a variety of colors with that one!

o

I love your fabric.......Walmart carries a nice fabric for $3.96 with fish in those colors and lined up the same way. I've noticed not all Walmarts carry the same fabrics and the good fabrics go fast.

o

does anyone know what to call these rainbow animal prints, or who the mfg is? maybe more than one company makes these?

I was sorting through my I-Spy squares this week to get ready for the animal fabric swap, and realized through swapping I have accumulated at least 12 different designs in this type of rainbow color fabric. I agree that this fabric inspires a BRIGHT BRIGHT COLORS quilt, I think that I like it so much because it's entirely different than the neutrals that I usually work with. Perfect for a children's quilt, it may inspire my first Linus donation.

I have one square of the otters shown (that's my favorite!).
Also found dogs, cats, rabbits, dolphins, winking frogs, medical frogs, children, naughty monkeys, teddybears, weird alien creatures, and rainbow smiley-faces wearing hats.

That's enough so I could almost make an I-Spy of all different different rainbow squares. If anyone has different rainbow fabric designs like this, I'd be happy to swap. I have a little yardage of rainbow children, rainbow dogs, and the rainbow smileys. And if anyone else wants squares, let me know what size you're using in your project, I can send out my extras.

GrammyP, I don't have extra otters, but can send you kids, dogs, or smileys. Teresa, are you interested in any other coordinating designs? I'll have to go looking for those fish that Bev mentioned, what a fun matching border that would be for the hungry otters.

o

I SEEN THAT SEWSEW QUILTR HAD MENTIONED ALIEN FABRIC FOR QUILTING HOW TO I CONTACT HER FOR PIC OF THAT OR TO SEE IF SHE STILL HAS ANY . LOOKNIG FOR ALIEN PRINT FABRIC

o

Neice, you can click on her name and if she has entered her e-mail address you can e-mail from the forum.

beverly

o

Hi Neice - I've changed my settings so that my email address is available, you can do the same under the Member Pages area.

I have just over a 1/4 yard (10" strip selvage-to-selvage) of the rainbow aliens, they look like Tribbles or pompons between 1" and 2" across, with legs and eyes and wiggly grins. Not really the classic "alien" look. I am traveling so it will be a few weeks before I can post a photo.

Let me know if you'd like some...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here