Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

the next quilt I'm working on.....

teresa_nc7
17 years ago

At the coast this weekend I found this cute sea otter fabric that will make a wonderful, bright, lively baby quilt!

There are lots of colors that will go with this fabric - all brights:

yellow, orange, red orange and red

lime green, crayon box green, blue green

bright orchid, purple, blue purple

royal blue, deep purple

No whites, no creams, no beige, black, brown, or soft pastels for this quilt!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (18)

• nanciii
    17 years ago

well that is just too precious

• grammyp
    17 years ago

They are too cute!! Where did you find it? I would like some for an I-spy block.

beverly

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

Great print.

• gerizone5
    17 years ago

That will be a great baby quilt. I'll bet batiks would make a great nine-patch for that. Like in the red-orange and blue-green colors. Thinking of making one for my friend who's DIL is expecting next April. Thanks for the pic and the idea.

Geri

• rosajoe_gw
    17 years ago

Teresa,
    That is so bright and cheerful!!! Can't wait to see the quilt.
    Rosa

• colleenny
    17 years ago

What cute little creatures. The colors are great too. Colleen

• hagar23
    17 years ago

Perfect colors...love the seals :)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I love brights for baby quilts! That fabric will make a winner!

SharonG/FL

• biwako_of_abi
    17 years ago

Oh, oh, oh! That is one of the cutest prints I've seen! Can't wait to see the finished product.

• ddavisgray
    17 years ago

Teresa,
    I love the bright colors for a baby quilt.
    I have to agree with Geri, I'll bet batiks would make a great nine-patch for that too.
    Can't wait to see the finished product.
    doris

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

I think there is a similar fabric, with cats instead of seals. Love that - all the colors are perfect for kids quilts!!

• bozogardener
    17 years ago

Oh, I'm so envious! I love the otter fabric.

• jennifer_in_va
    17 years ago

saw that fabric the other day with frogs!

You can use such a variety of colors with that one!

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I love your fabric.......Walmart carries a nice fabric for $3.96 with fish in those colors and lined up the same way. I've noticed not all Walmarts carry the same fabrics and the good fabrics go fast.

• sewsew_quiltr
    17 years ago

does anyone know what to call these rainbow animal prints, or who the mfg is? maybe more than one company makes these?

I was sorting through my I-Spy squares this week to get ready for the animal fabric swap, and realized through swapping I have accumulated at least 12 different designs in this type of rainbow color fabric. I agree that this fabric inspires a BRIGHT BRIGHT COLORS quilt, I think that I like it so much because it's entirely different than the neutrals that I usually work with. Perfect for a children's quilt, it may inspire my first Linus donation.

I have one square of the otters shown (that's my favorite!).
    Also found dogs, cats, rabbits, dolphins, winking frogs, medical frogs, children, naughty monkeys, teddybears, weird alien creatures, and rainbow smiley-faces wearing hats.

That's enough so I could almost make an I-Spy of all different different rainbow squares. If anyone has different rainbow fabric designs like this, I'd be happy to swap. I have a little yardage of rainbow children, rainbow dogs, and the rainbow smileys. And if anyone else wants squares, let me know what size you're using in your project, I can send out my extras.

GrammyP, I don't have extra otters, but can send you kids, dogs, or smileys. Teresa, are you interested in any other coordinating designs? I'll have to go looking for those fish that Bev mentioned, what a fun matching border that would be for the hungry otters.

• neice
    17 years ago

I SEEN THAT SEWSEW QUILTR HAD MENTIONED ALIEN FABRIC FOR QUILTING HOW TO I CONTACT HER FOR PIC OF THAT OR TO SEE IF SHE STILL HAS ANY . LOOKNIG FOR ALIEN PRINT FABRIC

• grammyp
    17 years ago

Neice, you can click on her name and if she has entered her e-mail address you can e-mail from the forum.

beverly

• sewsew_quiltr
    17 years ago

Hi Neice - I've changed my settings so that my email address is available, you can do the same under the Member Pages area.

I have just over a 1/4 yard (10" strip selvage-to-selvage) of the rainbow aliens, they look like Tribbles or pompons between 1" and 2" across, with legs and eyes and wiggly grins. Not really the classic "alien" look. I am traveling so it will be a few weeks before I can post a photo.

Let me know if you'd like some...

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia