Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
for 'scrappy' lovers

Posted by day2day (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 07 at 12:54

Mailed to niece Katie,"Dot-to-Dot" from "Love of Quilting", Jan/Feb,'07.Sorry,pic is a bit tilted....GeraldinePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: for 'scrappy' lovers

Very interesting pattern. Love the quilting.

o

Geraldine I saw that pattern and started to make it. I must say that yours is much more beautiful than the one int the mag. Great quilt!!!
Rosa

o

I love it. Was it hard? Carolyn

o

No Carolyn, it wasn't hard, but I'd recommend making a couple of sample blocks to work the kinks out.I had a bit of trouble lining up the white tips of the snowball block with the narrow white strip of the alternate block....Geraldine

o

Geraldine,
Such a pretty quilt. I really like the scrappy look.
You did a great job!
I know your niece is happy with it.

Sally

o

Adorable--I really like your fabric choices. I always have a hard time choosing fabrics!

o

Hi Geraldine

This quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and the design. It's very cheerful and comforting. Beautiful work. Well done!

Cheers, Ty.

o

Absolutely beautiful!!

I would love having a quilt like that.

When I get my doldrums, that would cheer me up so much.
It's so happy.

You did GREAT!

doris

o

thats is awsome! love all the colors! bright n beauitful!

o

What a beautiful quilt! I would love to have one like yours. It would make me smile every time a saw it. Kay

o

That is fabulous. Love it.

o

Well I am miffed...your beautiful quilt that I just love to look at is gone. Can you put it back on? Did you by any chance send a picture of your quilt to Fons & Porter? I think you should, it is far nicer than the one they made. I think they would be very impressed with your color and fabric choices and would put it on their website and maybe even in their magazine.
Jean

o

Jean,not sure if this will work-having trouble posting. I didn't send a pic toF&P. This is the same quilt but may not be the exact same pic as before.
~Geraldine
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb18/selgnij/?action=view

o
RE: for 'scrappy' lovers- will try later.

Sorry,still having problems.

o

Trying again."Dot-to-Dot" quilt from pattern inF&P mag.
katie's quilt

o

Thanks Geraldine, I like this picture even better. You know it's the fabric that really makes the quilt and of course you did a wonderful job piecing and quilting.

Still think you should send F&P a picture...I would be so proud to see your quilt in their book!
Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here