Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunglower Tablerunner

Posted by csackett (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 9, 06 at 12:20

To bind or not to bind?
Carolyn

Image link: Sunglower Tablerunner (56 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunflower Tablerunner

Sorry ladies, I do know how to spell. I just get in a hurry! So little time, so much many UFO's!!LOL!
CS

o
RE: Sunglower Tablerunner

I think binding would give it a more finished look.

~ Kit

o

I'm for binding, too. It's a stunning runner.

o

Oh yes it will make it complete! Beautiful runner!

o

I vote for binding. I think it would frame the piece very nicely.

o

I vote for the binding as well. That is just lovely! A few month ago I birthed a small runner and I was not pleased with the way it looked....sort of unfinished and the edges did not lie flat enough for me.

o

Carolyn, I agree with the others. Gorgeous runner! I just don't like birthing personally, think the binding "finishes off" the project, though I've seen some that are just fine. I can see why you wouldn't want to tackle the binding (those inside corners will be tricky) I just like binding (don't mind doing it either...relaxing).

o

That is a beautiful runner and I also vote for the binding.

o

Beautiful and I vote with the rest binding.

o

Absolutely bind it. that is just beautiful!
Kay

o

Binding,and it's beautiful!!!
TFS
Kathi

o

I vote for binding too but with those corners it would have to be bias. It is beutiful. TFS

Mary

o

I vote for binding too - it's very pretty!
Clara

o

That is beautiful, it looks painted!! I vote to bind also, but it is a work of art.
Rosa

o

Thank you all for your comments. I will bind it, but it will be awhile before I do. I'm trying to learn to hand quilt so I thought I'd hand quilt it then bind in the dark brown. The way my hand quilting is going it may be Christmas or later before I get it finished. I really feel like a dork on my hand quilting.
Carolyn

o

That is just stunning, Carolyn! I think I'd put off the binding too! LOL!

What if you birthed it, but....put an edging fabric along that edge to give it a finished look, but not the trouble that binding this piece might give you? You could even make a corded piping to insert in the seam. I think that would look really good and might be easier than binding. Maybe one of the medium brown shades?

Just another thought.

Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here