Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Throw made for DD

Posted by nana24 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 07 at 11:19

This throw was made using charm squares won at LQS.
I had posted one earlier made for a friend. This one is for DD. It is backed with fleece and stitched in the ditch. I'll post a pick of the back in a minute as I can not figure out how to post 2 pics in the same message. Would welcome instructions.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sally

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Throw made for DD

That is beautiful Sally!!!!
To post more than 1 pic just copy and post in the message the same as you did the first and when you preview you will see the pics and then submit.
Rosa

o

Rosa,
My pics are in Photobucket. It only lets me copy one picture at a time-when I do the procedure for copying the second the 1st is dropped and the second is then ready to paste. I can go to Garden web and copy the picture but if I go back to get a second one before I submit the post when I go back to Garden web it is gone. I can't minimize garden web, go to photo bucket without having to login in to GW again.
I hope this is not as clear as mud.
I need to read some more on photo bucket, I guess.

Sally

o

I have GW & Photobucket on my favorites toolbar. I open GW and minimize it.
Then I right click on Photobucket in the toolbar and "Open in a New Window". I minimize this also.
I have both windows open side by side and can copy & paste.

o

Thanks, Glass,
I haven't gotten it yet but I am going to get help from DH with your info. maybe we can figure it out.

Sally

o

I like your quilt, Sally. Don't you love being able to come up with something so you can use your winnings?

SharonG/FL

o

I gave the throw to my daughter last weekend and she was very pleased. She took it on her trip to Wyoming. She even took a picture of it on her bed where they stayed. She always makes me feel like I've done something special. I am blessed with a wonderful daughter.

Sharon, are the "winnings" the left overs? Yes I like to use them. That's a new term for me and I like it.

Thanks everyone,

Sally

o

I like the idea of a fleece backing for a casual throw. However, with a golden retriever in the house, fleece is out of the question!!

o

Sally,

I love the quilt!
You did a wonderful job. Your choice of border is right on.
Good job.
Love the idea of fleese as a backing.

doris

o

Sally: I have the FireFox browser, which lets you keep one site up while you open another one (or more) in another tab, just like the tabs on the cards in a box of recipes. I have GW on one tab and easily switch back and forth from Photobucket. That way I don't lose what I have written so far. It is true that you can only copy and paste one picture at a time, but you can copy and paste more than one picture and thus show more than one in your message.
This is somewhat similar to what Glass does. I hope you will find a way that suits you.

I love your throw. Beautiful colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here