Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Patriotic Tablerunner

I worked on this at the retreat.....I'm forever learning.....should have used different fabric for the strips, but I really like the center block!

SharonG/FL

Comments (13)

• salijo
    15 years ago

Why do you think you should have used different fabric for the strips? I like it as it is. The colors are strong and really set off the white.
    Salijo

• grammyp
    15 years ago

I think it is great. What is it now, 3 left to go?

beverly

• latrelle
    15 years ago

Your table runner is beautiful..
    Latrelle

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Salijo, To my untrained eye, it just looks like it's too much of the same fabric. I plan to give you girls (Julie and Heather, too) first choice of all the runners and send the rest to Peggy's for the cousins for Christmas. I think I have them all posted here in the gallery so you can start looking. @:)

Beverly, Yep, at least 3 more to go. I have 3 more blocks to do on Raina's quilt then I can put that together. Hope to get to that today.

Sharon

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

They are all beautiful, but this is my fav!!! I like the strips as they are. The center block is gorgeous, and I love red, white, and blue but it doesn't match any room in my house.
    Who cares right?? I am an eclectic kind of person anyway!!!
    Sharon I do needle turn but I have never basted the sewing lines, does it help??
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Rosa, Good to 'see' you! I've missed you. I sometimes baste the pattern line to the background if I want to really be precise. Plus, it holds it there for when I'm totin' it around or have to quit in the middle of sewing. There's a link on the KOKO thread to what I mean.

You don't need anything in a room to match for holiday colors. @:)

Sharon (who's startin' to stress)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Latrelle, it looks like we posted at the same time and I missed you. Nice to see you join and hope you enjoy being here. Post pictures of your quilts....we love pictures!!!! @:)

SharonG

• salijo
    15 years ago

First choice??? Hahahaha....pays to visit the forum. What are the other three going to be?
    Salijo

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Salijo, I'm not sure, but I have a couple wreath patterns in mind and I also want to do an Easter egg one. What I need to do is to put everything away except for the tablerunner patterns, Raina's quilt and the Boston Terrier fabric/pattern, then I wouldn't be so apt to work on other things. It would also help if I didn't sit at the computer as much as I do. @:)

Sharon/mom

• nana24
    15 years ago

Sharon,
    This is beautiful. Like, Rosa, I like the colors , too.
    Looking forward to seeing all your table runners, too. Haven't seen one I did not like yet!
    Can we all choose our favorite?? :)
    Salijo, I do think you have an advantage!! Another reason to be glad you are here!!

Sally

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Sally. I'm appliqueing one now that's gonna be a beauty....at least I think so cause I love Christmas red and green and stark white together. I'm thinking about making it into a big circle, but not sure yet. Might look more like a candle mat.

Sure, you can choose your favorite. I think I've posted all of them todate. There should be 9. Christmas moose, purple green and pink hearts, Spring Flowers, Shamrock, Turkeys, jack-o-lantern, carrot, yellow tulips and patriotic. Five will go to my immediate family, the rest to the nieces and maybe my mom.

SharonG/FL

• vicky4x4
    15 years ago

Sharon,

You have an e-mail from me. Love your table runners.

Vicky

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Vicky. You have mail.

Sharon