Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana24_gw

Matching quilt for baby

nana24
15 years ago

This is a quilt I just finished and gave to a young couple expecting their 1st child. It is a matching quilt-2 of each fabric mostly bugs, butterflies, frogs, etc. It is 45 x 60 inches so I hope the child will still be using it when he is learning to match.

The young mother to be was so excited. She said she and her siblings had had a quilt their grandmother had made and they each drug it around until it finally fell apart. She was excited that her son would have the same experience. She was going home to call her mom to tell her about it.

It was fun to make.

Sally

Comments (10)

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Another nice quilt. The sashing and corner stones really give it a nice flow.

beverly

• polardream
    15 years ago

Very Sweet quilt!
    I'm sure this will be toted around for years!
    Sue

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Very nice! I love the matching squares and that you thought ahead to when the child could use the quilt as a comfort AND as a game.

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

Sally, Excellent job on the quilt! Don't ya love to hear stories like what the mom told you? I say the child will be using it for a long time, getting it out of the laundry at nap time and looking for it when they're 18 to cuddle with when they don't feel good! At least that's been my experience. @:)

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

Very thoughtful gift Sally, I love the material.
    My DD had a blankie (store bought) that I had to take away from her and wash when she took a nap.
    I din't have the TIME to quilt then LOL!!!!
    Rosa

• nana24
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Sharon that is exactly my hope that it will be a long time friend.

Sally

• socks
    15 years ago

Very, very cute! I'm not a very advanced quilter and have to have a book to guide me. Did you use a certain book for instructions, or did you make it up yourself? I love it!

• calliope
    15 years ago

Doesn't it make it all so worthwhile when the recipient of your efforts gets so excited about it? It's a darling little quilt, and should intrigue a baby well into childhood.

• nana24
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Socks,
    Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I hope you see this. I did not see a way to e-mail you personally.
    I just put the blocks together. It is very simple and you can do it. If you see this and want more information, just email me through "My page" and I will try to help in any way I can.

Sally aka Nana24

• lilypad22
    15 years ago

That must have been fun to make. The colors are great for a little one. I had wanted to make a bug jar quilt for my grandson a couple years ago but couldn't find enough different "bugs" at the time. tish