Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbara_in_pa

sail boats

barbara_in_pa
17 years ago

Well I did it again, and for the second month in a row I won the block of the month (30 of them), which was a paper piecing project of sail boats in 3 different patterns. We were given the fabric for the water, and told to use sky blue, white sails. Do you think they may not let me do this next month since won two times already?

Image link:

Comments (12)

• biwako_of_abi
    17 years ago

Oh, that is so charming, Barbara. No wonder you won! Hey, if they let you keep on doing it, in another month or so no one else will dare to enter. I love the blocks. Inspiring.

• kaysu
    17 years ago

Those are beautiful blocks. What a great summer-y quilt those will make! I can hear the waves splashing and feel the breezes blowing. You deserved to win!

• carlene
    17 years ago

What great luck!
    And a wonderful group of blocks!

• laurainsdca
    17 years ago

Oh wow, lucky lady! Those are gorgeous -- I love some of those tone on tone backgrounds. And the sailboats all look so good together!

Congrats on your big score -- again!

• maggie_sue
    17 years ago

Love the blocks you won!! How'd you do on the lottery? You did get a ticket?? Didn't you???

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

You have your own fleet. If you had a regatta, you'd take the purse - win, place & show. I like the different blocks.

• gerizone5
    17 years ago

Beautiful--you're sooooo lucky! You should buy a lottery ticket!

• jennifer_in_va
    17 years ago

Those are cool!! I especially like the two masted one!

I have won I think 4 times in the last year...guess I'm looking at being thrown out too!! lol

• barbara_in_pa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone to know that I found nice fabric for the borders around each block - red fabric with little white anchors in the pattern - by Moda. It really ties it together and so far it is looking good. Need to find backing for this now. Barbara

• meskauskas
    17 years ago

Love the blocks Barbara - congratulations on winning them! Your border sounds perfect - I can't wait to see the pictures when it's done.
    Clara

• rosajoe_gw
    17 years ago

Congrats Barbara!!! I love the blocks. Keep on winning, how did you win? What method does your group use?
    Rosa

• barbara_in_pa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rosa, my quilt club has a block of the month. Each month a new block is shown (as a completed block) and directions are given. Often times a fabric is also given that is to be used, in this case the water was the given piece of fabric. The directions are rather clear and should be followed to get the best result. For each person who brings in a completed block, you put your name in a bag, and at the end of the meeting a name is drawn and the winner takes all. The two girls working on this has had some really interesting patterns that they have worked out, so it makes more people wanting to make the blocks. Always fun, and even better when you win! Presently I am hand quilting around each boat, and when that is done will decide if more quilting is needed to hold it together. Every who has seen what is done so far has really liked it. Barbara

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz