Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scrappy String HST

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 6, 10 at 19:21

I had to have seen this somewhere because I'm sure I didn't come up with it myself.....don't know where I saw it and don't know if there's a name for it. As you can imagine, there are numerous layouts. Each block is 10" finished and at this point is approx 40" x 50" .... It's hanging with the rest of the tops for me to put the border on when I get back home. @:)
StringHST

Pay no attention to the date, I just finished it yesterday..DH keeps taking the batteries out of the camera. See the WW of the W????

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scrappy String HST

That is awesome and very clever! It's pretty too! Great way to use up the scraps!

Have a great trip!

Gwen

o

Oh, I like it. Can I quilt that one?

beverly

o

Thanks, Gwen. I had fun doing this one, too. Just seems like those scraps never decrease!

Beverly, You're such a glutton for punishment!

OK....you haven't mentioned the Wicked Witch of the West legs sticking out.

o

What a neat idea, can use up quite a lot of scrap pieces this way!

o

My oldest great-granddaughter asked if I would make her a quilt to leave at her mom's house so she'll have it for her visits. I showed her some of the tops I've been working on and I think she wants this one. Her half-siblings each have one from me and won't share. lol I never thought of giving her one for each household. She'll be 10 in January, so I guess the black is ok......

SharonG/FL-IN

o

What a great eye you have for color & design!

I saw something like this in an old quilt book, can't remember exactly but it has the word "Lightning" in the name.

o

Thank you, Sylvia. There are probably a lot of zig-zag quilts out there that would look like lightning.

It's a really easy way to use leftover strips. Here's how it looked when completed.

Anjel's String HST

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here