Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Rudge Reverie

Posted by nassongrad_nh (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 17:04

My daughter lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and this piece is something I made for her after my first visit to the area. It measures 36 x 30 and has 24 fabrics, mostly in half inch strips. It was machine pieced and ditch quilted, also by machine. The inspiration was a Louisa Smith episode of Simply Quilts and the incredible colors of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Image link: Blue Rudge Reverie (58 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue RIDGE Reverie

OMG!!! That should be Blue RIDGE Reverie! What the blazes is a blue rudge??? Too many vowels along that stretch of keyboard, sorry.

o
RE: Blue Rudge Reverie

WOW!!! That is great! You have far more patients than I do.

beverly

o

Oh my goodness is right but it is about the beautiful work you have done! And circles-and 1/2 in strips. It is really nice and the colors are wonderful!

I can look at it and enjoy!
TFS
Sally

o

That is truly lovely! I am such a sucker for the blues!

o

WooWhee that is beautiful! I love abstract art and you did beautiful curved seams and circles...it is just so nice.
Jean

o

That is really beautiful!! And I like the name - I also live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia....

o

That quilt is beautiful. I have never done curves before. How did you learn or where did you get started?

o

Thank you all for your kind words about my quilt. I'm so glad you like it. :)

Karpet, curves are really nothing to be afraid of and add a great design element. It's sort of like setting in sleeves on clothing, which I guess is how I learned to do it. The concave part (the fuller part) goes on top, use lots of pins, and a slow, steady sewing pace. Just takes a bit of practice.

o

Very beautiful!! Did you have a pattern or is this an original.
Carolyn

o

It's wonderful and mysterious--reminds me of a painting of part of the solar system.

o

Nope, no pattern, Carolyn. I like to do my own thing. :)

o

That is stunning. Thanks for sharing your work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here