Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What I did with my mom's duster....

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 18, 09 at 16:45

I had planned on make teddy bears with my mom's dusters for the 3 siblings that are left but just couldn't get started on the project. Today, I was working on pillowcases and a thought ran through my mind.....this is the result:

Photobucket

I kept as much of it intact as I could, sewing down where the grippers were and keeping the pockets on. The fabric for the cuff was taken from one of her silky nylon dresses she used to wear all the time. I had to use interfacing on it because of it being so flimsy. Plan to make a couple more and then see what is left of the fabric.

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What I did with my mom's duster....

What a great idea, I'm sure everyone will love them.

o

Thanks, Maggie. I emailed my brother the picture and he was pleased that he would get one. My sister hasn't responded but I know she'll recognize the fabric as mom lived with her family for the last 4/5 years of her life.

Sharon

o

Nice idea, Sharon. How many do you have? Looks like they would make nice aprons too.

beverly

o

Thanks, Beverly, I only have 2 more dusters. The dress fabric is more difficult to work with and, of course, there are more of those.

Sharon

o

I like the idea of an apron, great idea.

o

You are so creative Sharon! They will be treasured by those that receive them. I also think aprons are another great idea.
Jeane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here