Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melindaeu

My 1st & 2nd felted wool quilts

melindaeu
17 years ago

I posted the 1st one awhile ago, am including it here as a comparison between the two. The first was larger, the 2nd one is from the leftover pieces, it is a single body size. DH likes the larger one for his body, I like the smaller for my side of the bed -- we have such different body temps it's a miracle we even sleep together!

Above, the first one, previously posted

Above and below: This is the smaller single body size, just right for me. In the evenings we meet our neighbors outside our joint patios for a little wine and chat, and I keep nice and warm (yes, even in Sacramento it still gets cool in the summer evenings)

This is a felted wool sweater. Originally it was an extra large, huge, huge, loosely woven sweater. I bought it from the thrift store, did its thing in the washing machine and dryer, and here is the cutest little thing I ever saw (no no, the sweater, not DH....he's the cutest big thing I've ever seen). It is so stiff it actually can stand on its own. This is not good for a blankie though, so I will eventually turn it into a purse. I had about three sweaters that felted too much. Check out those buttons -- they are so close together since the felting! And the button holes are totally closed.

Mel

Comments (6)