Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tumbling Blocks

Posted by calliope (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 14:46

The second full-sized quilt I've tackled. It is draped over a white quilt, not bound, batted or quilted yet, just the top. Another fun quilt, but a little exasperating until I got the hang of all those points coming together.

Image link: Tumbling Blocks (58 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tumbling Blocks

That's a neat pattern! I love the tumbling blocks!!

o

I love that pattern, but for the life of me I cann't bring myself to attempt Y seams yet.

beverly

o

Very nice top. Looks like a bunch of work. Good job.

TFS
Sally

o

grammy, although I did do the Y-seaming (because I'm so new at this I didn't realise there was an easier version and I made my own patterns and templates) there are super easy "cheater" ways to do tumbling blocks so that you just have diagonals..... straight stitched into rows, and then sew the rows together. It entails, of course, dividing the rectangles into triangles. A little googling will find you easy versions.

o

I made a tumbling block for DD#2 & wife. Started with the easy version but switched to the Y-seams. I made each block from different fabrics and couldn't see how to place them with the easy method.

o

That's a great quilts....those tumbling blocks would certainly get me baffled.
Jean

o

Very pretty! I'm not sure I'm ready for that one, but yours is beautiful.
Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here