Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Journal covers

Posted by solstice98 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 3, 08 at 13:23

I just made a couple journal covers as birthday presents for co-workers and was pleased with the way they turned out. I didn't have a pattern but it was easy; this would work for any type of book cover. In these I used small, blank-page journals from the book store (3 in a package for $8). It would be nice for a project journal, Christmas card lists, address book, vacation journal, etc. The fabric is less than one fat quarter (2 pieces 9"x16.5"), a bit of quilt batting, and some beads. I think I'll be making lots more of these for gifts and I'm sure the embellishments will get grander as I go!

Only the front is quilted. The back is flat to making writing in the journal easier. Can you see the beads on the page markers? The one on the tropical print is a little glass turtle.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Journal covers

love them very nice!
Red

o

Nice, love the green fabric.

beverly

o

Nice idea, Solstice. I like the tropical looking one. @:)

SharonG/FL

o

Love both of these and you have added such nice finishing touches with the bead and page markers. These will be loved gifts.
Jean

o

So,so pretty.I'd love to receive one of those. They'll make great gifts.
~Geraldine

o

What a nice idea and so pretty. They would be a great gift for those special friends that you want to remember but aren't exchanging gifts this year. Deanna

o

They are gorgeous Kate. This would be a great idea for me to practice free motion qilting, yours looks great on the journals.
Rosa

o

Kate,
I really like your journal covers. They are quite impressive. My DH past as I had them on the screen and said WOW. Your free motion quilting and your imbellishments are both great.

TFS
Sally

o

Thank you for all the nice comments! I really enjoyed making these and will be doing more. It is a great way to practice free motion quilting designs on a small enough scale so you don't mess it up too badly! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here