Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrot Tablerunner

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 08 at 12:01

When I went on a shop hop while up north, I picked up some orange FQ's with this project in mind. I thought someone here had posted one they did but I couldn't find it. I have a mag with the pattern in it, but it's also online. I put birthday cake fabric on the back so it could be reversed. Doing the orange and black binding was a bit tricky, but I did it! I also sewed my strips at an angle instead of straight across.
Photobucket
Reverse Carrot Runner
The green top actually doesn't look too bad showing on this side. It's just tucked under in this pic.
SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Flip & Sew Carrot Table Runner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrot Tablerunner

that's really cute! and making it multi-functional...all the better!!

o

Sharon,
This is so cute and clever.
How did you get binding on so well. If I did it I know some of either the black or the orange would show on the other side.

TFS
Sally

o

Sally, The binding was put on veeeerrrrry carefully. lol

DD said I should make another one only put toes on it for a foot.

o

You could then make the other side look like a flip-flop!!

o

LOLOLOL....that would be hilarious Jennifer. I'll leave it for you young'uns to do.

SharonG/FL

o

I'm not sure I fit in to that 'young'uns' category!! lol

o

I love it Sharon!!! I should make one for my sis with a Christmas and Bday, hers is the day after Christmas.
She told me she has never had a birthday party, I told her that is because only a fool would be born so close to Christmas LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She has even gotten Bday presents wrapped in Christmas paper.
Not from me!! I do not give her the gift early and I always use paper and colors not usually associated with Christmas.
Rosa

o

Jennifer, My body tells me I'm old in years, but in my heart I'll never grow up. My 50th high school reunion is this year and, nope, I'm not going! I don't want to see how old those people look. Course, it's better than the alternative.

Thanks, Rosa. Your sister would probably appreciate being able to 'flip' her tablerunner over for her BD. We're having a Christmas baby this year....due the 22nd.

SharonG/FL

o

So cute! And that underside with all the beautiful cakes made me drool.

o

Jan, How nice to see you! The fabric with the cakes is one of those you just hate to cut up. I'm starting to put them on the backs of the tablerunners I'm making so that helps to use them up.

Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here