Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas Tabletopper

Posted by csackett (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 4, 06 at 7:47

This is made from the Quiltsmart interfacing. Very easy!
Carolyn

Image link: Christmas Tabletopper (53 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas Tabletopper

Beautiful quilt. What do you mean by Quilsmart interfacing?

Geri

o

oooo, that's lovely! I think that's the same stuff I bought years ago in a kit for a queen sized lone star.

It's an interfacing that's printed with the diamond shapes. You iron on the right size shapes, then fold and stitch the complete length of that row... not having to stitch two small pieces together at a time.

o

I've seen that interfacing at the stores. How does it quilt?
Did you piece the label with those itty-bitty triangles?

o

That's a lovely tabletopper, and the points are perfect!
I wasn't understanding the Quiltsmart interfacing thing, so I looked it up- how clever!

(The link feature doesn't seem to be working right now, so here's the Quiltsmart web address. Click on "Qiltsmart 101" to get a good idea of how it's done)
http://www.quiltsmart.com/

Carolyn, how thick is the interfacing? Is it harder to quilt through, and does it make the quilted piece really stiff? Would you use this just for something like a tabletopper or wall hanging, or would you also consider using it for something like a bed quilt or lap quilt that needs to be pretty flexible?

Clara

o

Very pretty!!

o

That's pretty. Is the whole center design one piece? Or is each diamond a separate piece?

Marti in Mexico

o

It does make it a little stiffer, but it did quilt OK. This said it was for a wallhanging, but they have them quilt size. I had to cut 244 or so 1 1/2 by 3 inch pieces. It was really easy and went pretty fast. I didn't follow directions but it still came out OK. The label was actually traced from a book and then I used pigma pens to color it. (Labels and more, I think.) Carolyn

o

Very pretty,and such nice sharp points.TFS
Kathi

o

Well, it doesn't LOOK easy! It looks very sophisticated. Lovely job!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here