Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltdiva_gw

Quilts New and Not So New

quiltdiva
17 years ago

I finished my red and white quilts and finally got pics of those as well as some older quilts that some of you asked to see.

The Pooh quilt turned out even cuter than I expected. The border on the other red and white is the pioneer braid border from quiltville.com. I love this border.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This is the quilt I made my dad 2 years before he passed away. It's a Yellow Brick Road.

{{!gwi}}

This one is called Everyday Best. Not a good pic and I didn't dip that one side in bleach. LOL! I'm just a lousy photographer.

{{!gwi}}

These next two are from Eleanor Burns' Still Stripping book. I had so much fun doing it that I did two. The second one is in 30's repro fabrics.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

That's all for now.

Kay

Comments (19)

• grammyp
    17 years ago

Love them all. The Pooh quilt is just perfect.

beverly

• laurainsdca
    17 years ago

Oh wow, those are awesome. I love them all -- I'm really impressed with your redwork quilt. Redwork on its own has never really captured my imagination, but the way you framed them really adds to it, and they are SO ADORABLE, each one!

I love the heart quilts too, I think the second one in particular.

You do loverly work! Thanks so much for posting the pics!!!

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Kay,
    Those are all awesome!! You did a wonderful job,i love them all but my favorites are: the red work,the yellow brick road,and the last heart one.You should be sooooooooooo proud of yourself!! Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
    TFS
    Kathi

• wanda_va
    17 years ago

They are all absolutely gorgeous!! I love that braided border. And the Pooh quilt is too cute for words. Thanks for sharing!

• mexicomarti
    17 years ago

How wonderful they all are! Pooh is definitely a work of art. I really love the fabrics you used in it.

And I guess my second favorite is the second hearts quilt.

And Kay, is that applique on the Everyday Best quilt? Sure is nifty!

Oh, and I love those scalloped edges. Gorgeous stuff, girl!

Marti in Mexico

• fran1523
    17 years ago

You've been holding out on us. What a treat. They are all beautiful but the red and white one is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

• redpenny
    17 years ago

Gorgeous.......... Pooh is definitely my favorite I really love the fabrics you used in it...... but the other quilts are beautiful too.............Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work!
    Red

• gerizone5
    17 years ago

They are all beautiful--can't decide which one I like best--love them all. Great work.

Geri

• barbara_in_pa
    17 years ago

They are all just wonderful, hard to pick a favorite! I especially like your choice of boarders... sure adds something special to each quilt. Barbara

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

Those are truly gorgeous! How large are they? I'm looking at the one with all the little bowties - either they are tiny or the quilt is good-sized. I'm impressed!! Love the redwork one! (Love them all!)

• melindaeu
    17 years ago

Diva = Divine, Goddess, so you truly are a "Divine Quilting Goddess."

All the superlatives above, and then some!
    Mel

• ironkit
    17 years ago

I hate Pooh, but that quilt is GORGEOUS!

My favourite one, by far, is the 30s repo hearts. Was it hard, and how was it pieced?

They're all so pretty. You do excellent work.

~ Kit

• LorettaF
    17 years ago

Great quilts! Thanks for sharing those! You do wonderful work!

• quiltdiva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you all for the compliments...I'm blushing! Scraphappy, the bowties are a pre-printed repro fabric and I fussy cut the sashing and border. Those heart quilts are about lap size and Kit, they're so easy to do. It's a strip pieced pattern and the top of the hearts are machine appliqued Eleanor's way with fusible interfacing. You hate Pooh? Ohhhhhhh. LOL! When I was a kid I read Pooh and loved him and his friends and when my kids were little I bought them the movies. He'll go to the next grand born in our family some day. I enjoyed doing the redwork so much that I'm already thinking about doing another one maybe in green? Then doing the sashing and borders around the blocks in green and yellow...maybe some pink thrown in. Maybe Alice in Wonderland. I'll have to think on that. I got all my Pooh characters right off the internet for free. Someone a while back posted to Google coloring pages and there's a wealth of them out there for redwork projects.

Marti, yes that's applique on Everyday Best, can ya believe it? But it's not needleturn. (GASP!) You know I can't do that so I just did it Eleanor's way with the fusible interfacing and machine appliqued around it.

Thanks so much everybody.
    Kay

• jennifer_in_va
    17 years ago

Kay,
    Those are all absolutely wonderful! You have definitely been holding out! LOL All are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

Great collection of quilts.

• bonica
    17 years ago

You do really really nice work girl! Beautiful quilts!!
    Thank you for sharing..you're my inspiration for the day!
    Bon
    :)

• meskauskas
    17 years ago

Wow Kay, they're just amazing. I love all of them, but I think Everyday Best is my favorite...no, wait...the hearts with the scalloped edge....no...maybe the one with Winnie the Pooh...oh,never mind, I love them all! What beautiful work you do!
    Clara

• biwako_of_abi
    17 years ago

They're all beautiful, but the Pooh quilt is my favorite, with Everyday Best coming in second. What gorgeous color combinations! Are those figures in the Pooh quilt embroidered in red or drawn in?

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler