Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink N Yellow Baby

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 08 at 14:26

I made this raggedy from a pink w yellow daisy scrap and my Mother gave me the yellow gingham.
I have never used gingham in a quilt, but it works very well in a raggedy (IMO). Do you try to iron your raggedy gifts or am I going a little over board?? I know their popularity is the fact they look so comfy and soft.
Note to self, never go into the sewing room wearing black. I now look like I am wearing black with spots. Or is it lint LOL!!!!!!!
Rosa

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink N Yellow Baby

That looks so cozy, soft and warm.I like gingham.I think it has an old-fashioned feel to it.And I think the daisy fabric is perfect with the yellow. Great job.TFS.
~Geralsine

o

That's really cute, Rosa. Looks comfy cozy....

SharonG/FL

o

That is such a cute baby quilt! I don't understand what the fuzzy stuff is on it tho. can you explain?

o

Hootie,
A raggedy edge quilt is sewn with the seams facing out towards you.
Instead of batting in the middle of the sandwich I use prewashed muslin and prewashed fleece works well.
After the quilt is made you clip the seams close to the stitched line and wash and dry.
These quilts have become very popular, I have made some denim ones and I don't use a middle material just the top and bottom beacuse they are so heavy.
They are really fun to make. If you try one clip it outside and shake out the lint as much as you can. When you dry it check the lint trap often to empty the lint, it builds up fast.
Rosa

o

I love it! Simple pattern with beautiful colors and fabrics! I may try that design myself!

o

ROSA, I LOVE THIS QUILT !!!!!!!
It really does look soooo cozy!!!!
The colors are really great !!!!
I love to do rag quilts too!!
bopeep

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here