Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two small quilts finished

Posted by nana24 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 08 at 14:11

My DGD wanted a new "blankie" as her old one is getting ragged. She helped some but as an 8 year old her main interest is not sewing.

Is is done in the flip and sew method-putting the batting, backing and top on in one seam. We used flannel for our batting.
Then I sewed together scraps for the binding. The middle square is the cats-paper pieced;
I think it was Vicky who shared that pattern. If I have the wrong person, sorry, I'm doing this from memory(which isn't always the best :)

Photobucket

Closer look
Photobucket

This little quilt is made using the mystery block that Grace aka amazingcm challenged us with back in Jan.
I had made the blocks and put them together but machine quilted it and used scraps for the binding again this week.

Photobucket

another shot
Photobucket

Thanks for looking
Sally

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two small quilts finished

Very nice and I recognize a former lotto block there in the center of the first one!

Vicky

o

Thanks, Vicky. I thought you were the one who shared the kitty block but I didn't remember why.

Sally

o

Great job, Sally. Especially in using blocks you already had made.

SharonG/FL

o

Very, very nice--love em both.

o

Great small quilts! I love the blue/brown color scheme of the first pic - lovely!
Teresa

o

Both are nice. I like the cats. I tried that block after Vicky posted how to do the lotto block. I had planned to do more of them. But hey, you know how plans are. You get sidetracked a lot of times LOL.
~Geraldine

o

Sally, your quilts are just a delight! You choose great colors and designs...I call them yummy. TFS
Jean

o

Great job. The Kitty quilt is very pretty, the fabric is just right. I bet your DD loves it. I like the bright colors in the second one. Good use of the fabric. TFS. Jayne

o

very nice:) your DGD is a lucky girl:)

o

Very nice. I remember when Grace gave us directions for that surprise block. I copied the directions for the future. I was just amazed how much fun it was. Deanna

o

Love them!!! I need to get more creative with my binding, yours is so coordinated with the quilt.
Binding is one of my least favorite parts so I just sew it on LOL!!
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here