Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still Playing w Hooded Towels

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 08 at 19:24

I was searching for a way to fold the hooded towels for a boutique effect. Most of the patterns use a wash cloth for the hood, but I wanted something bigger. The first towel I made had a pleated hood but it was so thick I had a hard time sewing it. Cute, but would take forever to dry.
I stopped with the bindings because I have tried everything and the terrycloth shifts and there is no way in the world I am going to hand sew on a towel binding LOL.
For this one I used a hand towel size piece of a towel and I cut it into a rectangle,embroidered then sewed on the towel with the long end in front. It did take me a while to learn to roll the towel tight enough to stand by itself. Ingore the ribbon I used it is just a piece of material I had on hand.
I am going to tie it with yellow ribbon, put it in a clear bag, and tie a yellow ribbon at the top of the clear bag. I think this will make great shower and B-Day gifts. I am making bottle aprons and they are really cute too, the only prob is I can't seem to get them a size that will fit any of my bottles!!!!!
Rosa

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still Playing w Hooded Towels

That is darling! They'd certainly make great gifts!! The possibilities are endless.

o

Rosa, You've inspired me to play with some towels when I get home! What kind of bottles did you want to have aprons? Beer, wine, .... oh, maybe a dishwashing liquid bottle? heh heh heh.....

SharonG/FL

o

Sharon you can't imagine what bottles I have tried these aprons on and they just don't fit anything in my house LOL!!!
I have a tux that would be cute on a wine bottle for a gift.
I am making them for Christmas gifts and I wanted them to fit a hand soap or detergent bottle, I guess I'll try the $ store and get a small bottle. Maybe I'll take my apron to the store, hey, that is it!!!!
This one I made for a friend we worked with and after the layoff she went to school for nursing. She just graduated and I'll just make the apron and she can find a bottle. I was hoping it would fit over a hand sanitizer to sit on her desk. Oh, well!!
Rosa
Photobucket

o

Great gift idea. The embrodery is really a nice touch. Gee you would think it would be easy to find bottles...good luck.
Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here