Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Still Playing w Hooded Towels

rosajoe_gw
15 years ago

I was searching for a way to fold the hooded towels for a boutique effect. Most of the patterns use a wash cloth for the hood, but I wanted something bigger. The first towel I made had a pleated hood but it was so thick I had a hard time sewing it. Cute, but would take forever to dry.

I stopped with the bindings because I have tried everything and the terrycloth shifts and there is no way in the world I am going to hand sew on a towel binding LOL.

For this one I used a hand towel size piece of a towel and I cut it into a rectangle,embroidered then sewed on the towel with the long end in front. It did take me a while to learn to roll the towel tight enough to stand by itself. Ingore the ribbon I used it is just a piece of material I had on hand.

I am going to tie it with yellow ribbon, put it in a clear bag, and tie a yellow ribbon at the top of the clear bag. I think this will make great shower and B-Day gifts. I am making bottle aprons and they are really cute too, the only prob is I can't seem to get them a size that will fit any of my bottles!!!!!

Rosa

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living