Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Infamous Boston Terrier top

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 29, 09 at 18:56

A lot of you have listened to my moaning and groaning about this quilt....I couldn't find Boston Terrier fabric so made the appliqued medallion, i couldn't find other fabric, etc etc....then I didn't want it square so had to figure out what to do. Then, I couldn't find the fabric I had in mind for the border so decided to go with a narrow red border and black with white paw print fabric for the outside border. I've hemmed and hawwed and kept putting it on the back burner because I really didn't like how it looked. When I visited a new quilt shop last Saturday, the red with black paw prints caught my eye and that was what I was looking for. So, changed the red narrow border to black and put the red paw print for the last border. That really jump-started me to complete this top! The blue has white bones in the fabric. It isn't a perfect Boston Terrier, but it's close enough for me.
Boston Terr
SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Infamous Boston Terrier top

I can't really see the prints, but the quilt looks really good!

o

I can't see the details but the quilt as a whole is gorgeous. Great job.

o

The quilt is larger than what I usually make (60 X 78) and couldn't get the whole thing in the picture very well. Maybe I'll take another picture and just get half of it. The blue has dog bones in it and the red has black paw prints.

o

I think it looks great, bones and paw prints are great. I'm sure your are glad it is almost over.

beverly

o

Really turned out very well! Great job

o

Thanks, Beverly, You are soooooo right about me being glad it's almost over!

Thank you maggie sue.

Sharon

o

I love the quilt too!!! The BT looks real!!!
Rosa

o

Thanks, Rosa. I used buttons for his eyes and nose.

o

That's a great quilt and your appliqued pooch is wonderful. Wish I could get half good. I also enjoy the blue & White blocks around the center. I know your friend will love it.
Jean

o

Thank you Jean. This is the first time doing an appliqued dog this way and I just bumbled forward! Try it!!! You never know what you can do until you try it.

I bought the backing yesterday so as soon as I can get the rest of the necktie quilt laid out and off the board, I can start with the backing on this one.

Sharon

o

I really like this quilt. The terrier is very striking. I've enjoyed looking at your other quilts here in the gallery, as well.
lots2do

o

Thank you, lots2do. I haven't done any more on the quilt except the backing is laying here waiting for me to do something with it, and the necktie quilt is still just half done. I just can't stay with one or two things from beginning to end. Right now I'm working on trying to make some little angel blocks to put in with thinking of you cards.

Sharon

o

I love your quilt,and it's combination of colors(all my favorites)and you did a good job on th dog as well.
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here