More Quilts Added

dquiltmore1
18 years ago

I traded my sister a quilt for a digital camera. So heres more quilts. Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's Quilts

Comments (21)

• kathi_mdgd
    18 years ago

WOWSER,Those are gorgeous!!! My favorite is the pineapple one and the wedding ring.Great job!!
    TFS
    Kathi

• Karen_sl
    18 years ago

Gorgeous quilts, and sounds like it was a good sister trade too!!
    Karen L

• jenbone28
    18 years ago

Those are absolutely amazing!! Houston quiltshow- right here in my own computer. Beautiful work!
    jen

• fran1523
    18 years ago

Karen, Your quilts are amazing. They are all fabulous but I love the pansy and the pineapple. Have you been quilting for a long time? Please don't tell me you just started three years ago.

• dquiltmore1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I've been quilting for at least 35 years. My sister has the very first quilt I made. It is so awful. My kids were little and money was tight so I used a ribbed cord spread for the middle. lol I bought some fabric napkins at a closeout store and made a 5 point star quilt. I was so proud. I have gotten better. I have 5 grandkids and 2 kids I make a new quilt for everyone every 2 years for Xmas. I make my sister and mom one every 2 years or so. I probably make 10 or 12 a year. Well now that I've written my autobiography I will go and brag to the kids about this forum. Thanks Karen

• oliverp
    18 years ago

What a wonderful selection of work. There are some really difficult designs too. They're a credit to you. Absolutely wonderful.

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

Outstanding! As Jen said - a quilt show on our computers!

• irishdancersgram
    18 years ago

Just amazing, love them all...Gorgeous quilts...

• Quiltie_Lib
    18 years ago

Karen, I'm stunned! THese are gorgeous.

I love the bubble gum quilt for the way it looks so retro. Can you tell me about it? How you decided on your fabrics, and just any ol' thing you want to say about it...would love to hear!

• dquiltmore1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I found the bubble gum fabric on sale and knew it had to be done with 30s prints. I have several old quilting books and found the pattern in it. Glad you liked it. Karen

• suesquatch
    18 years ago

Oh, they're amazing! I loved Jeremy.

• biwako_of_abi
    17 years ago

I just found these pictures and am in awe of your skill and versatility. My favorites are Jeremy and Autumn Wonder (for its gorgeous colors). Your family must be in heaven: everyone getting a new quilt every two years!

• biwako_of_abi
    17 years ago

I just found these pictures and am in awe of your skill and versatility. My favorites are Jeremy and Autumn Wonder (for its gorgeous colors). Your family must be in heaven: everyone getting a new quilt every two years!

• melindaeu
    17 years ago

Well I never! Never saw so many beautiful quilts by one person. Any single one of them would be such a treasure. Impressive!
    Mel

• maggie_sue
    17 years ago

You are an amazing quilter! Glad Biwako of abi brought this post to the top, I missed it the first time.

• fran1523
    17 years ago

Karen, Your quilts are fabulous. I can't even pick a favorite. They are all wonderful. So glad you shared them with us.

• quiltdiva
    17 years ago

Karen, you do absolutely beautiful work and I admire your talent. You should be very proud of your quilts and you are an inspiration.
    Kay

• rosajoe_gw
    17 years ago

Karen'Those are beautiful!! I wish I had the fore though to take pictures before I gave my gifts. Now I do!!
    Do you hand quilt? Your quilts are works of art, absolutely gorguous.
    Rosa

• meskauskas
    17 years ago

Karen, your quilts are just wonderful! Your'e one talented quilter. Beautiful work!
    Clara

• meginfl
    17 years ago

Karen,
    Oh My! These are just stunning. I'm so impressed with the versatility. You've got so many different types a quilts. You're an inspiration!
    MEG

• Bev__
    17 years ago

WOW......works of art! Just beautiful!

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner