Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

9-4 Butterflies

I've learned that our 9-4 pattern is AKA the Disappearing 9-Patch. Whatever it is, I think it's fun!

SharonG/FL

Comments (11)

• nana24
    16 years ago

Sharon,
    I love butterflies and this is very pretty.
    I also saw this pattern called the Disappearing 9 patch. I think 9-4 is catchy.
    TFS
    Sally

• jennifer_in_va
    16 years ago

That turned out really cute with that butterfly fabric 'popping' through! Well done!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you......

DD called last night and needs a baby quilt within the next 2 weeks......think I'll just do a blue/yellow/white rail fence. They seem to go quickly....at least I hope it will.

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Wow Sharon that is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love the butterflies. I am going to have to try one.
    Rosa

• vasu_texas
    16 years ago

Another beautiful 9-4!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you.....

Have fun with it, Rosa.

• kathryni
    16 years ago

What a delightful quilt. I love the butterflies and the colors you used.
    Kay

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Hey I have that same butterfly fabric! I was given like 10 yards of it and have made lots of things for my daughter with it.

Rebecca

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

Very pretty! It sort of looks like you are seeing the butterflies through a yellow and turquoise grill, so you can imagine the whole sky is full of them.

• love2sew
    16 years ago

I love all your quilts and you should be posting these on the Discussion side so we don't miss out on your lovely work.

I love scrappy quilts but I also have to have a bit of control in the scrappyness or they just about drive me wild. You do a great job.
    Jean

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Kay.

Rebecca, WOW....lucky you to be given 10 yards of fabric!

Jan, I was a little concerned about not having the butterflies centered within the squares, but I would have had to waste a lot of fabric to do that, so decided to go with getting as much of the butterflies as I could into each square. The more I look at it, the more I like the butterflies flying all over the place.......just like in nature.

Jean, I've gotten used to posting my pics here in the gallery. There are a few of us who are still here that were instrumental in getting the quilting forum put up and then getting the gallery put in so pics could be downloaded direct from your computer...before photobucket days. We've been a part of GardenWeb for over 10 years and ThatHomeSite since it began. There used to be a Beer Garden, but some of us got so raucous Spike closed it down. (Very Big Grin)

SharonG/FL