Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
9-4 Butterflies

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 16:04

I've learned that our 9-4 pattern is AKA the Disappearing 9-Patch. Whatever it is, I think it's fun!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 9-4 Butterflies

Sharon,
I love butterflies and this is very pretty.
I also saw this pattern called the Disappearing 9 patch. I think 9-4 is catchy.
TFS
Sally

o

That turned out really cute with that butterfly fabric 'popping' through! Well done!

o

Thank you......

DD called last night and needs a baby quilt within the next 2 weeks......think I'll just do a blue/yellow/white rail fence. They seem to go quickly....at least I hope it will.

SharonG/FL

o

Wow Sharon that is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love the butterflies. I am going to have to try one.
Rosa

o

Another beautiful 9-4!

o

Thank you.....

Have fun with it, Rosa.

o

What a delightful quilt. I love the butterflies and the colors you used.
Kay

o

Hey I have that same butterfly fabric! I was given like 10 yards of it and have made lots of things for my daughter with it.

Rebecca

o

Very pretty! It sort of looks like you are seeing the butterflies through a yellow and turquoise grill, so you can imagine the whole sky is full of them.

o

I love all your quilts and you should be posting these on the Discussion side so we don't miss out on your lovely work.

I love scrappy quilts but I also have to have a bit of control in the scrappyness or they just about drive me wild. You do a great job.
Jean

o

Thank you, Kay.

Rebecca, WOW....lucky you to be given 10 yards of fabric!

Jan, I was a little concerned about not having the butterflies centered within the squares, but I would have had to waste a lot of fabric to do that, so decided to go with getting as much of the butterflies as I could into each square. The more I look at it, the more I like the butterflies flying all over the place.......just like in nature.

Jean, I've gotten used to posting my pics here in the gallery. There are a few of us who are still here that were instrumental in getting the quilting forum put up and then getting the gallery put in so pics could be downloaded direct from your computer...before photobucket days. We've been a part of GardenWeb for over 10 years and ThatHomeSite since it began. There used to be a Beer Garden, but some of us got so raucous Spike closed it down. (Very Big Grin)

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here