Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
45'' X 58'' Rail Fence

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 07 at 15:51

Just finished quilting this one. I used variegated thread for the first time. I liked that it sort of helped to make it a little more special.....specially since the pattern is so simple.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 45'' X 58'' Rail Fence

I love the colors, the border material is adorable. I haven't tried variegated thread. I also like the rail fence, it maybe be simple but it makes a beautiful quilt.
Rosa

o

Thanks, Rosa. Another quick one that looks nice is the Warm Wishes pattern. I haven't made that one in awhile, so it might be the next one when I need something fast.

o

Sharon, I knew there was a resaon for coming to the gallery...you have quilt pics..lol...this one is realllllly pretty..and I bet the variegation is really makes it pop...good work friend....Judy

o

Sharon,
I think your quilt is very pretty.
I'm going to look up Warm Wishes.

TFS
Sally

o

JUDY!!!!!! I've been thinking about you and wondering where you had taken yourself off to! I was just about ready to get in touch with your friend to make sure you were ok.
As you can see, I've been doing a lot of sewing. I have 3 tops ready for backing and blocks ready to sew together for another top. That one will probably not get finished til I get back in Sept or Oct, but that's ok....she didn't want it til Christmas. I'm giving myself 10 more days before I put it all away and start cleaning and packing.

o

I love your quilt. I use the variegated thread all the time....adds a special touch....don't have to have a matching color.

You say you are packing up, where are you going...will we not hear from you....oh woe... who will be there to birth my next problem???
Jean

o

Thank you......

Jean, I have 2 daughters (grandchildren and great-grandchildren) who live in Indiana and I visit them in the summer for 2-3 months. I'm getting a later start this year because my mom's 90th BD bash will be in MI July 14th and DH and DD and her family are going up for that, so we're all going up together.....I'll just stay up there while they'll all be coming back.

Sally, I'll post a pic of the Warm Wishes I did last year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here