Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anjel's Request

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 15:13

I made this one for my great-granddaughter to give to her half-brother.
Photobucket

It didn't take very long. I started with 6 1/2" X 12 1/2" then added the frame. It ended up being about 42" X 60".

Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anjel's Request

How did she like it?

o

She liked it. It's already packed with the fabric I'm sending you and envelope to Wendy. They're off to Disney today (Alex' BD) and will be leaving in the morning to head home. Dad has had fun playing with Addison. She likes to play dominoes on our kitchen floor....it could be the sound they make when she throws them. @:)

o

Did they remember to take the fabric I gave them to give to you?

o

Yes, they gave me the red fabric.....thank you.

o

Geezer, I really like this!!

The black sets it off nicely!

goldie

o

Thanks, goldie, I know it looks black, but it's actually a very dark brown. I auditioned black but didn't care for it as well as the brown. Maybe because of the brown in the horses????? don't know, but there it is. @:)

SharonG/FL

o

And here I was thinking it was navy! LOL

o

That's a really cute quilt Sharon. Ho how I wish I had kids in my family, they are so much fun.
Jean

o

Jean, You can make kids quilts and give them to Project Linus or if you have a children's hospital close by, I'm sure they would love to have them to hand out.

All the kids are fun, but at our age, the little ones sure wear us out. @:)

Sharon

o

The quilt turned out so cute!!!
Jean I can't imagine not having kiddies in your fam, we have so many I can loan you some LOL!!!!!!
We have another on the way and I am hoping for a girl this time after 3 boys in a row!!
I have 5 sisters to quilt for too!!
Rosa

o

Thanks, Rosa. Eventually, I'd like to use this idea for some large floral fabric I have and maybe do a HST in the corners of the blocks.

Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here